• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP problems with Omega Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

Since I switched to the newest version of Omega drivers, AGP has been disabled by Windows, and despite reinstalling my chipset drivers as the readme file advised, I've still got no AGP support. I've even reinstalled the drivers. Anyone have any suggestions what I can do from here? The Omega drivers ****ed over my system.

I've always had the exact same problem with the Omegas. However, a few days ago I somehow managed to get them to work. The only thing I can remember doing that might have any impact at all was to run the SmartGart tests, but I'm nowhere near positive that's what did it.

Go into the ATI control panel and look for a tab labeled "SMARTGART". Inside it will be a button that says "Retest All". If you click that button, it should restart the computer and redetect your AGP settings. Hopefully that gets it working. If not, try doing another reboot (I'm not sure if using Retest worked initially, and I may have done a second reboot like this).

JigPu

I had this exact problem with my 9800 when i installed it on a Asus P4P800-SE it said AGP was disabled. I re-installed mobo chipset drivers and it works now

To fix it just re-install your Mobo chipset drivers that should do the trick, I have seen this many times and that usually takes care of it.

I am also using latest Omega drivers.

Cheers

Back