• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

benchmarks wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtlee75

flashed 9800pro=>xt lower benchmarks

I flashed the bios to the xt and all my benchmark scores went down. I flashed back and the they came back up. Ok I can also oc it to up to xt speeds but no matter where I set the speeds my benchmarks seem to go down. Has anyone seen this kind of thing happen before? What can I do. Temp get to about 52c load so that shouldn't be the problem.

Last edited:
the only differences between the pro and xt BIOS are the clock speeds and memory timings, if you can do the clockspeeds, then maybe your ram cant handle the faster timings

Are you 100% Positivly SHURE you are on a RV360 core? if ur not then thats ur problem no point in flashing an RV350 core to xt thats bad :O!

yes I am sure. It had it on the core when I removed the heatsink. r360 with hynix 2.5ns memory. It will easely do 435/750 speeds with either bios but score still goes down. :mad:

Something that struck me od was my 9700pro and my 9500 also got lower benchmark scores when over clocked. The the only card that I have had they went up was my 8500. :confused:

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
the only differences between the pro and xt BIOS are the clock speeds and memory timings, if you can do the clockspeeds, then maybe your ram cant handle the faster timings
thats not always true.when I compared my stock bios against this xt bios with rabbit(I think) the timings where exactly the same.

OK I flashed my asus 9800pro with the bba 9800xt bios and installed the new omega drivers and whoa. I got and extra 7000 in aquamark an extra 1000 in 3dmark 03 and even broke 3k in 05. D*** what a difference. Just lost my temp monitor though.

Back