• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sn85G4- Need Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

OK i have a SN85G4 XPC and it will post, show the XP screen with the green bar and when that finishes it will reboot. When installing windows it would say it couldent copy files and give me BSOD's. To install windows i had to disable the caches on my CPU. What do you guys think is making my computer restart? Specs..

Sn84G4
3200+ C0 Clawhammer
512x2 Mushkin 222
X800P Vivo
74gb Raptor
CDRW

Try installing running the ram at a lower speed and drop the multiplier a notch. Perhaps your cooling isnt sufficient either. I modded mine and got a 30c drop.

i dropped the multi to 9, did the same thing put it at 4 same thing. Ive noticed that it flickers blue for a milisecond before itm restarts and i think i get a BSOD. If i try it with only one stick of memory it wont start the mem check... i dono why it does that. Ive tried each stick in dif slots same result but if i put both sticks in it will start the mem check.

Back