• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are these scores ok for system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nishant

Registered
hey all...i just got me a 9800 pro a while ago and well ran a few tests and got these results with the system in my sig..watya all think? is it ok or should it be more?

3DMARK01 - 15942
3DMARK03 - 5694
Aquamark03 Triscore - 39214

Hmm i just picked up a radeon 9700 pro off ebay and am getting 15,360 in 01 and 5,400 in 03, the video card is not overclocked and the barton 2600 cpu is locked. Must be something not working quite right as i would assume that the 9800pro would do quite a bit better then the 9700 pro.

I have no idea what to suggest as im new to this overclocking stuff, i just wanted to give ya an idea of what the next card down gets....

i know....i am new to the overclocking as well...oh yeh and my 9800 pro is at stock...i had a 9200se b4 this and that got me 3000 sumfin in 3d 01 and this one well...15000+ was quite a jump but after readin i assume i should be gettin a bit more than this...could it be coz of my ram? its pc2700 and runnin at 6:5 to the fsb

Draknoir said:
Hmm i just picked up a radeon 9700 pro off ebay and am getting 15,360 in 01 and 5,400 in 03, the video card is not overclocked and the barton 2600 cpu is locked. Must be something not working quite right as i would assume that the 9800pro would do quite a bit better then the 9700 pro.

I have no idea what to suggest as im new to this overclocking stuff, i just wanted to give ya an idea of what the next card down gets....

Erm, why would he do that? It would just involve more loss.

There isnt much more you can do... you need more ram bandwidth, but you dont have the FSB or ram to do that... it aint bad score for what you got (PC2700ram :eek:)

If you really are desperate get a CPU with 512kb cache, 2x512mb ram in dual channel and get the fsb up as high as you can...

~t0m

Why would he do what ? i didnt suggest he do anything... i was just comparing what a lower end card could do at stock to give him some idea of where he was.

its pc2700 and runnin at 6:5 to the fsb

This is probably your biggest performance hit. The nforce2 boards don't like using ratios. How high does your pc2700 go up to. Do a run with the memory at 1:1 with the highest FSB your memory can handle and report back.

EDIT:

If you really are desperate get a CPU with 512kb cache, 2x512mb ram in dual channel and get the fsb up as high as you can...

Also, getting 2x512Mb of ram won't help you that much because your motherboard only supports single channel ram anyways, and the 2500+ Barton already has 512kb of cache.

3dmark 2001 is extremely dependant on memory bandwith. Unlike 3dmark 03, 01 is very cpu intensive. The easiest way to increase your 01 score is to increase your overclock. Try increasing your vDimm to the max and see if you can run your memory and FSB 1:1. That is very important on nVidia based boards.

I wanted to add that i did see quite a large jump in my 01 score when i switched from pc2700 ram to the pc3200 ram.

ok i just took the fsb back to 166 (stock) and now the ram is doing 1:1 and basically running at stock speeds...and i ran 3dmark 01 and i got 14642...so i think i mite swap my 3 x 256 pc2700 ram and get me 2 x 512 pc3200 ram...so i'll order that in tonite..

ok i just increased the ram voltage from 2.5 to 2.6 and heres wat i noticed

bencmarks before
[3DMARK01 - 15942]
[3DMARK03 - 5694]
[Aquamark03 Triscore - 39214]

and after

[3DMARK01 - 16952]
[3DMARK03 - 5793]
[Aquamark03 - 40814]

oh and i got 2389 in 3dmark 05....damn...makes my card look bad

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with 3dmark01se, I think that my setup should be getting more then 18K (every service shut off) or 17k (services on), since I have a cpu going at 12x220, and 1gb of pc3500 ram, and I can't find anything wrong, drivers are fine both from chipset and video card, the card is not oc though but I still feel that I should be getting 20k and it's not that I care about the benchmark it is because it shows that their is something holding me back. Oh and by the way make sure it's set to optimal performance in ATi's control panel.

i managed to get my 9800pro running at 390/365 to pull 6100 points on 3dmark03.....my card used to hit 445/380 but those days are gone and i never benched it at those speeds...(tear)

Did you also go into the advanced settings of the display panel and slide everything over to performance before running the benchmarks? Everyone else does this and if you left the slider at the default it would explain some of the scores besides the memory problem you have.

Yes, use the "performance" 3D settings in the control panel. But before you do that, if you haven't already done so, update the drivers. The Cat 4.9 work very nice. Disable all the crap that runs in the background before testing too. O/C the system and the card. Use the tightest RAM settings possible. A fresh HDD reformat and optimizing the OS is a good idea too.

my score's were exactly :eek: like yours when my pro was had its original bios and non-oced just flash to xt and oc that badboy with ati tool rember its a must to upgrade the cooling :) u need any xt bios files and wana know how to do it im me :santa:

Last edited:
Back