• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Golitech

North Vancouver, B.C. Canada *Proud of it*
Hello fellow OC'ers,

I'm looking to build a new system from scratch, case and all. I'm going to give my current system to my son(2-1/2 and his a wiz on the PC already:cool:).

Anyhow I'm mainly looking at Intel once again and I need some input about the latest stuff.Nothing to expensive, kinda on a budge what with a new baby on the way.

IE:
Oc'ing capabilities for sure.
:Mobo
:CPU
:Vid Card

Cooling a must.
:Case fans
:CPU fan
:pSU

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers
Goli

Intel on a budget? Well, I'm still a favor of the ol' 875/865 (in particular the IC7/IS7 series) chipset boards and the 2.4c processor which shouldn't be too expensive(if you can find them). Couple that with an slk900 and dual channel DDR... easily ~3.0ghz +- a bit.

Video card? Try out maybe a 9800 NP, Pro or 9700 Pro (heck maybe even 9700np) They may not be top of the line, but they're freakin' fast for what they are and won't run you the cost of a new card if you find them cheap as refurbs or on ebay or something :)

But then again this is just my 2c :)

-Goateh
:sn:

Go AMD... I just built my first AMD system and I'm happy with it so far. I've been intel for about 10yrs now and I finally made the jump.

Mainboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe
CPU: Athlon 64 3500+
Gfx: X800Pro flashed X800XT PE
RAM: TwinX CMX3200-512C2PL

I'm just about to 70000 on aquamark3

Back