• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone order a Radeon X800 XT PE from ATi.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nathias

Registered
Has anyone ordered a Radeon X800 XT PE from ATi.com? Have you recieved it yet? If so, how long did it take for you to get the card? I've been wanting to get my hands on the X800 XTPE for quite a while now, but haven't been able to find a retailer that had them in stock or that is selling them for a fair price. ATi seems to be the only place selling them for $499.

Yeah I placed an order and I sent an email to them yesterday asking how long the delay was. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the ATI Online Store.

The X800 Pro is on back order. The ETA we currently have for the X800 PRO is 10/15/04.

The X800 XT Platinum is available for Pre-Order. The ETA for the X800 XT Platinum is 11/15/04.

We appreciate your interest in our products and apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
ATI Online Store
http://shop.ati.com

I just cancelled. Excaliberpc.com got some stock of the Gainward 6800 GT Golden Samples today so I ordered one of those instead and saved about $70 bucks over the PE. I would have rather had the X800, but I'm not waiting another 4-6 weeks.

Man...ATi really screwed up with this. I think I am going nVidia now too. I'm not waiting that long for the card, plus we don't even know how far in backorder they are. It's possible I wouldn't even be one of the first to get them from the shipment in november.

unixadm said:
Yeah I placed an order and I sent an email to them yesterday asking how long the delay was. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the ATI Online Store.

The X800 Pro is on back order. The ETA we currently have for the X800 PRO is 10/15/04.

The X800 XT Platinum is available for Pre-Order. The ETA for the X800 XT Platinum is 11/15/04.

We appreciate your interest in our products and apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
ATI Online Store
http://shop.ati.com

I wish ... looks like 4 to 6 weeks for the Gainward 6800GT for Alberta, Canada.... and it could be longer. I have already been waiting 5 weeks! :confused:

Guess I could order one of the X800XT PE and see which of the the two I get first? :beer:

Probably not the cheapest idea.....but could be worth a try.... :drool:

I wrote the ATI Online store a rather stern email regarding their business practices. They state in the email it's on Pre-Order, but on thier site it's just out of stock. There is a big difference between the two, especially since they have 3 definitions for In-Stock, Temporairly Out of Stock and Pre-Order. We'll see - I still have not cancelled the order but my Gainward will be here on Thursday. With the price people are paying on Ebay - I could always sell the thing on Ebay and I'm sure it would bring in more than the $515 I'd be paying. I got lucky with Excaliberpc and the Gainward. It came in stock and was priced at $440 (tempting, but I wasn't ready to bite). Then I got a price alert email and checked again and the price was $410. So I ordered at that time. Just checked back, about an hour later and now the price is $450, but still in stock. OUCH.

The X800XT PE has been rare since announcements back in June. It's been trickling out more lately. The 2 best retail options seems to be Best Buy Customer Fulfillment orders and CompUSA. But you do have to keep on top of it since they pretty much sell out the day they come into stock. I know some folks have been able to get the Asus variant from Newegg.com.

If you're part of a Fortune 500 company that has a vendor agreement with Dell, you can get X800XT PE from Dell through your OEM rep. That's how I got my 3 XT's. I posted about this back in August on Rage3d, and some folks tried to end run around Dell's ordering system by placing a phone order with the part#. However, I think that effort failed to produce any successful results.

{pdX}Canadatron said:
Can't they make the Indonesian slaves work a little harder? I've got a video game to play FFS!!!

Thaat just cracks me up man! :D

Erm lol thats a sad racist like.

I feel so lucky.

Ive had my XT PE for nearly 3 months now and im a UK'er. :clap:

It really depends on how much money you are willing to part with. I was on of the fortunate ones. I scored my X800XT PE awhile back for 499.00 My buddy just got one for 589.00 from a company called Antares Computing. So they are out there it's just a matter of what are you willing to pay for it. :)

Our company ordered 15 about 2 months ago for game testing, last we heard it was going to be at least a month to go :(, ho hum, could be in time for hl2, christmas?

tpe

Whoa that's really taking advantage of the shortage. $799.

And yeah for those guys posting about the chinese and indonesian slaves, you guys really shouldn't be posting racist comments like that. Come on we're more mature than that.

Back