• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800Pro help....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmbeddedBarcode

Registered
Hello...

I'm in some trouble here, I was wondering if any of you could help me out please, as these forums have proved to be very helpful before.

Today, I received my 9800Pro Artic Cooling VGA Silencer (Rev. 3). It looks awesome, and I've heard good reviews about it. I've overclocked my 9800Pro a bit on stock cooling, so I bought this to cool my card down and maybe overclock some more, if I can.

So I removed my stock HSF and applied AS5, instead of the thermal paste that came with the silencer. I applied it exactly the way it said in the manual, so that went well. However, when I tried to align the holes of my card and the silencer, it was off. No matter how much I tried, I couldnt get the holes to align. I even tried to force the screws in... I can only get one screw in on either side with the other side being unaligned. I did this, with just one screw, and fired up the card...my computer kept messing up so I said screw it.

I put my stock HSF in back again, and now my silencer is just sitting here.

My question is: How do I fix this? There must be some way to align the stupid thing with the card...I've been trying for so long and now I'm frustrated...

Any help/input would be appreciated, thanks.

welcome to the forums......

try to put both screws in the hole just a little... once you've got both in then tighten them.... it can be a little tricky getting both in. You also might want to try one screw then the other, and if that doesn't work the try the other screw first then switch.

Thanks for the reply,

Thats just it, I couldnt do that. The minute I can align one side and screw it in just a bit, the other side is way off. I dont know why its like this. When you say one screw, do you mean secure the silencer and card with one screw only and run it, or do you mean something else? I did that, and my computer kept getting messed up.

Thanks.

Post a pic of everything.

I have a rev 3, and the slider that holds the screws is adjustable. You insert the screws thru the back of your card, lay the silencer on it's back. Then lower the card onto the silencer aligning the holes. That should be the easy part, knowing when to stop with tightning them is another story. :eek:

DBZ said:
Speaking of which, when do you stop tightening it anyhow?

I stopped on my two VGA Silencers when the tension increased to the point that I had to use some effort to twist the screws any further.

Back