• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much would you pay for this? pictures*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a tip if you are selling it on ebay you might want to consider taking it out of the case and taking pictures of it under a clear light so people can actually see the card. There is no way to tell what you have there in those pictures and that could really turn someone off.

But you can't even tell that it is a video card if it wasn't for the title.

ebay is an auction site. why does it matter what we'd pay? in any case, most used 9800pros are going for around 150 these days on classified sites. with the zalman, i would say 160.

A good rule of thumb when selling computer components used:

Take the current market price of all the pieces put together, meaning the card and the zalman (most ppl wont take much notice of the fan on the bottom), divide that by two and you get your used price.

looked around a bit, seems newegg does not carry it anymore. But many places still have it for over $400!, and then the zalman thing is around $30 or so with the fan.

I sold mine about 2-3 weeks ago for over $200 with an arctic cooling vga silencer on it, but only because I really wanted to sell it fast.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=329404

even with the 5% discount I gave him, that is over $225, and the time between posting and selling was 4 hours at a low traffic time of day.

Last edited:
mista ting said:
Hi, i want to upgrade to a 6800GT so i want to sell my Graphic Card on ebay so i want to know how much would you pay for this? its:

"Built by ATI" 9800Pro 256-Bit 128MB BIOS Flashed to Club3D XT
Clock's 412/372 Stable and 420/385 Max with little artifacting
Zalman's newest Dual HeatPipe Cooler "ZM80D-HP" with Aluminium Ram Sinks, zalman op-fan, the stock ati fan on top, a Vantec Areoflow 5600RPM TMD Fan on the bottom for the best air heat dissapation for ocing
128MB Hynix Memory (RV360 Core)

3DMark/Auqamark scores are in signature.
(Oce'd @412/372)Temps: System 25C GPU Idle 32C/Load 40C

consider lowering your overclock so artifacts go away, AND DONT USE RED (Damn it hurts lol)

were it says "max clock" thats the max clock it dose with little artifact but i leave it at where it says "stable clock" :beer:

veryhumid said:
i would say you could sell it between $225 and $275

veryhumid said:
looked around a bit, seems newegg does not carry it anymore. But many places still have it for over $400!, and then the zalman thing is around $30 or so with the fan.

I sold mine about 2-3 weeks ago for over $200 with an arctic cooling vga silencer on it, but only because I really wanted to sell it fast.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=329404

even with the 5% discount I gave him, that is over $225, and the time between posting and selling was 4 hours at a low traffic time of day.

That's very unrealistic and you forgot to mention the one you sold was a true 9800 XT. Even though mista ting flashed his 9800 Pro to a XT bios doesn't change the fact that it's still a 9800 Pro, if he lists it on Ebay as a XT and not as a Pro, that is fraud. Now it is possible someone may pay extra for a card that functions as a XT, but until the bidding is over, it's hard to say.

Here's the list of Completed Ebay Auctions regarding 9800 Pro's

Ebay Completed 9800 Pro Auctions

My 'guesstimate' is somewhere around $175-$190

Dont say you want to upgrade to 6800gt you will want to make them upgrade to it also just say "selling du to an upgrade"

ok, ty im thinking ill sell it for $250 seems like a good price for an 9800pro thats an xt and with the extra cooling

With Ebay it is better to start at a low price and let people bid it up. You can put a reserve price on it if you dont want to sell for less than $250. If you start at $250, you might not get any bids. Start at $9.99 and put a reserve price of $240.

Back