• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New LCD monitor problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I just got myself a 19" LCD. It looks great on my X800 system but I do have a problem with my File Server. It isn't much but it serves the purpose. It has an old ATI card with a Rage 3D chip. I am limited in what I can put in the Asus P3B m/b, it has the older style AGP slot or I would throw in an old Voodoo4. Anyway, here is my problem. The new LCD shows the POST and the start of XP loading. BUt when the vid driver loads the LCD gives an error stating that "video is out of range". What does that mean? Any way to fix it?

Boot up with the original CRT and set your refresh rate to 60hz in the advanced display properties and set your resolution to either the native resolution of the 19" LCD (1280x1024) or below. The refresh rate is what is probably causing your problem and 60hz will fix that.

You may be right about that. I think it was set to 85mhz which is too high for the LCD. You should be able to change that booting to Safe-Mode, shouldn't you?
I know I like the color brightness of the LCD but it is going to take a few days to get used to. Kind of like when I switched to a Rear Projection TV from a CRT.

[edit]
Booted to Safe-Mode, uninstalled the vid adapter, rebooted and when it installed the adapter again it set the monitor refresh to default 60. Now all is fine and well.

Last edited:
I have an LG L222WT LCD Monitor and an older Radeon 9600 AGP card.

I'm constantly getting out of range errors. They are very random, and so far all I'm doing is web browsing with the computer. I'm using the latest Omega drivers. I know that my refresh rate is set at 60Hz and the displqy settings are at native per LG's manual.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? It will usually say Digital out of Range 80/82.6

Thanks!

I'm still looking for any advice on this problem. Since the LCD was still in warranty, I called LG and they offered to swap it out. Now I have L227WTG. Pretty nice performance upgrade for free, but the problem is still the same. I'd be willing to buy a different AGP card if there is a decent one out there for a low price. Otherwise I'd be more inclined to upgrade my motherboard to a PCI-e and get a new card also.

Any ideas or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Back