• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Card toasted? Or ingured? Help. =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kurant

While playing Call of Duty today, my computer locked up, and for whatever reason before I got a chance to reboot it, the screen resized it self. When the computer came back up, it was still at 1152x864, but I had to resize the monitor. So I did that, now, I have very distinct little pixelated lines across the monitor, the desktop is no longer smooth looking, it looks like each line of pixels in the monitor is distinct from each other, instead of as a whole, smooth picture.

I don't run anything overclocked, it's a 2.8C with an ATI 9800 Pro.

Does it sound like the card? Or the monitor? I've had the monitor probably 7 years now, it's a 17" Sylvania F70.

Thanks.

:cry:

Could be the screen going... are you sure the PC locked, and it wasnt just the effect you got because the screen was malfunctioning?

~t0m

No, you could be absolutley right, but I had no way of telling. I coulden't input commands, and if it was taking them, I coulden't tell. It just froze up with green line, and re sized the desktop.

It doesn't mean it wasen't taking commands.

Back