• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Wanna Burn It !!!!! Please Help Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reko02

Registered
hi
im havin problems finding apps to heat up(stress)my cpu.
what do i need ???
im running my 1200axiaTB @ 1404 (156*9)with temps of
31 idle @1200 and 34 (after 2 hours of halflife)
33 idle @1404 and 36 -"-
these temps are in asus probe so does this mean i can take 10c off them???:mad: :mad: :mad:

Try Sandra's Burn-In. It won't stress it as much as you like, but it'll tell you if it's stable if you run 100ish reps of it.

prime95 is probabally the best cpu stability test as it tells you when it gets a bad calculation probabally caused by a hardware fault.
If those temps are from an in socket diode they are likely to be inaccurate but you can't just say that you can knock off 10oC or add 10oC, I recomend a senfu digital thermometre for about $15, I use one and it's great.

I'd have to suggests trying SETI or FOLDING. They are just solid and more consistent. Just run them for an hour or so, if it crashes you have a problem and will have to decrease your mult a bit then try to burn. When you find that stable sweetspot just burn baby burn burn burn burn till you lose 4 layers of skin, believe it or not, I get that on a hot summer day on the beach! (Burn for a few days 24/7 then try to up the mult a bit, then burn again till you hit the top) Don't use a high fsb by the way because you don't want to test your system jsut you cpu core. High fsbs may cause freezes due to otehr things such as PCI, memory, etc... (use 133x10.5)

By the way, your best geuss is to use MBM5 if you don't want to buy an accurete external them. I wouldn't with those temps because MBM5 won't be off by more than 1-2 degrees tops and you'd be safe with those temps. I would guess your full load temps to be around 40-45C with MBM5 which is great, try that, I'm interested to know, dont use the asus probe, it is very misleading! But if MBM says 45 on full load, it is most likely the real actual temp is not more than 46 or 47 which is defently ok. Only get an accurete tehm if you are ranging around 55C.

have fun,

trainTuTu

Last edited:
prime95 doesn't just crash your system if it's unstable though, it stops and tells you, plus most people will agree it is probabally the most stressful test available

can somebody tell me where do i download prime95. better yet if with it's crack.

TRAIN22

my room temp is ......... ive no idea.
but it is a cellar,in england,where it rains a lot,and is generally pretty miserable....................cool

i run 2 120*38mm fans front and rear
1 80*38mm delta case
and a wg cak38

i am also wearing a t-shirt........i am a tough-guy tho.....!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

ALSO..my multiplier is grayed out in bios ??
my system is :-

1200axia266@1404(156)TB
Asus a7m266 1004bios w/h o/b sound
256mb DDR hyundia
Creative GF3 w/h Cpu hsf(default speed at the moment)
3-com nic
Winglobal CAK38
Enermax 350 psu(fans running at full 3000)
Full tower w/h 2 120*38mm fans topfront(in) and rear(out)
1 80*38mm delta in bottom front(in)

Last edited:
Ya I would go with prime95 if not that then folding@home. Both are good programs and will definitly tell you if your comp is stable or not.

Is this chip an AXIA-y,k,9,4? what is the first digit on the 3rd line? You might have reached the limits of this chip.

You are running with the same mobo as me... A7M266. The reason why the clockmultiplier is blacked out in BIOS is becasue you can't adjust it at ALL on that mobo. It kinda sux!

there is no prime95 on tweakfiles...anywhere else do it ??

when RESETing from windows my machine never boots up again-just stays on(monitor shuts down) and no bios or boot up..hold power button for 4 secs and then boot again and it starts as if reset...........?????is it maybe voltage (not temp as it is only 32)i havent changed any voltage.(dont know where as it dosn't seem to be in my bios)gonna grab 4 the manual now......:mad: :mad:

cheers chaps for all help:D :D :D

reko02.. you'll be glad to know that I had the same exact problem and can't wait to help every1 with this misrebale annoying problem. ;)

At the same time I will be able to preform a little magic trick, I will guess what internet you use and with what devise, k ready?

here we go... you have dsl/cable and you are using a netgear 3xx ethernet card right? If so you have been a very bad bad boy but you can still prove your greatness by simply taking that netgear PCI, cover it with nitrogen and burn it on an open flame. That should redner it usefull for somthing I'm sure of it. Then go to a computer store or online store and order a real ethernet card- anything without the NetGear title. Hope I saved your day :D and if I make no sense what-so-ever than excuse my loud-mouth.:p

Was I right though?

EDIT- oooooooooooooooppps, just saw your earlier post... you don't have a neatgear, well maybe your network card still is the prob, take it out and try restarting, I think it's still the trouble.

yah, i can't seem to find prime95 on tweakfiles. can somebody tell me where else i can get the file. everybody seem to be saying it's such a great software, maybe i should give it a try on my PC since i'm still testing it. come to think of it, i've been testing this PC for the past month and still i can't get more then 1.54GHz from this 1.4 GHz Chip and the temp. is still the same or higher......now it is at 53*C on the ASUS Probe while the external probe is at 46.3*C. which should i take is right.......i hate this tempreture thing.:mad:

Many people using ASUS boards have reported the probe as detecting a temperature up to 10c higher than it really is. If you're getting that result then I'd disbelieve probe's version and use something else to monitor temps.

Back