• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Timings on the x800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

I will soon be flashing to xtpe when I get cooling, but im stuck with the pro (damn, what a shame, such a horrible card without the xtpe... yeah right)

Has anyone, whether on xtpe or not changed the timings on their x800 and gotten better results? I'm so sketchy about playing with timings, when I had a 9800 pro I screwed up changing the timings and I was getting artifacts even after I defaulted them. The store gave me an exchange as a faulty product (didnt tell em what I did, oops my bad) and didnt dare touch em again. But since this place seems pretty damn reasonable and people seem to know what they are talking about, I'm gonna ask here and see if anyone changed timings on the x800 and got better results in benchmarks, or even something you can tell just by looking.

I am also scared of playing with the timings, especially after your horror story.

Yeah I feel the same way. Modding a card when I have a little clue about I'm doing is one thing. Doing something I have no idea about is out of the question. Especially if its a $450 card.

Lets just say if you not ready to loose a 400+$ card, don't even consider it. The small boost in performance isn't worth it to me, but then again its not me is it.

Back