• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro - Rainbow patches on textures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyOleg

Registered
I recently bought an OEM 256mb 9800 pro and it has been running fine, until now. I was just playing some DOD and I started to see rainbow stripes on some of the textures in the distance. As I move close to the patches of stripes they move to textures that are farther away. Anyone know what is causeing this? The card is not overclocked but it has a vga silencer (rev. 3) on it right now. It has a 350 core but im not sure which ram it has since I havnt taken off any of the aluminum heat sinks that are on the memory.

Also, all the games I am playing are really dark, even with the in game brightness all the way up. I have be having to go to my advanced video settings to manually turn the brightness up with the ati driver tool everytime I want to play a game. The problem with this is that when I am not playing a game my desktop is WAY to bright. Is there any other way to raise the brightness for In-game only, without having to mess with the video settings every time I want to play a game?

Back