• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New To Peltiers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabid_Rotti

I was just wondering if you can use a pelt and a Thermaltake Volcano 12 with 74CFM's....would that keep it cool enough.I'm running my rig AMD2500+@333FSB,I don't really want to Overclock but I would like to keep the CPU around 15-20degs cel under load.Can anyone recommend what size pelt would be good for this.......THANKS in Advance

You don't want to do this

here's why:

a cold plate is necessary for proper clamping force on the pelt, and there is no where to mount one on an air cooler

you have to power a pelt, which is difficult when dealing with pelts large enough to cool a cpu

a volcano 12 cannot deal with the heat a pelt dumps out plus the heat of the cpu

you have to take appropriate condensation prevention measures

the temps would be bad. people getting 15 C load have a good watercooling loop and a high powered pelt with a dedicated power supply.

I vote for you to forget the pelt, and just kick the FSB up to atleast 200. Free upgrade to 3200+ ;)

There is a little more to it than this, but it's not complicated.

Back