• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to OC a 6800 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimBlake84

I recently bought a BFG Tech Geforce 6800 OC. It's the non-ultra, non-GT version. I know this can handle more OC'ing than what it comes stock with. I also know that there is a softmod out there (a utility of some sort that I Download) where I can change the clock speed. I have looked all over for this and cannot find it. Help! :beer:

OmniExtremeEdit is used to modify your bios primarily to increase voltages (Either save your current or mod a downloaded bios which is also available at the same site). Coolbits is used to alter the card's core and memory speed.

In addition you can use the lastest version of RivaTuner which can open up the pipelines and vertex shaders which are closed on your card. Whether yours will work fine once they're active is down to luck.

The extra voltage in the bios will be a big help. I am not sure what it is stock on the NU but its 1.3 on the GT compared to 1.4 on the ultra. 1.4 got me about 50mhz more on my clocks stable.

I was hoping the same thing but in my case I just got corruption when I set it to 1.4. Synchronising all the voltages to the same did give a little increase though. I will testing a few other bioses to see if I can get to use 1.4v. As my card should be cool enough though I did see a 3c jump in idle temps when I set it as 1.4v. Hmm...

Okay.. I know the name of the utility I need... can anyone tell me where to get it? It's called ExpertTool. I believe it was issued by Gainward. I am unsure... help me out here.

To overclock you can either use CoolBits2.0 or RivaTuner. Coolbits is basic in that it will give you the overclocking options and allow you to do a quick test for what it considers are you optimal speeds. Rivatuner will touch parts of your GPU you didn't think existed. I use Rivatuner as it's also got a graphical temp monitor that you can check on once you've come out of a game.

Back