• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Results from 3dMark03 :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ursine3000

I only got a rating of 424 which judging from the 1-3 fps rate this has got to be pretty low. So on my system which is the biggest hindering factor?

\/\/\/\/\/

welcome to the forums!!!!!

3Dmark03 is pretty much all video card.... so that would be your bottleneck.

an fx5600 should score a lot more than 424 on 3dmark03, even with your system, you should see in the 3k+ range (that's a guess) there's something wrong here. i mean, i used an fx5500 oc for a week while my 9800 was in rma, and it scored at least a 1306...

Yeah, no kidding. Even my Radeon 9200 SE scored better than that. There's something that smells funny about this. Check your BIOS settings for anything strange.

i looked at your system, i can say, it all looks like it WAS top of the line, nothing is newr than another part. so....it SHOULD score WAY better than that. check DRIVERS. um...bios like previously stated. make sure you dont have anything ...funny running in the back round. also. are you OCing your card? so many things can happen if that is done incorrectly, too much you start to lose performance...odd....but even MORE and itll hang, and REALLY drop your score from like, 4k to 400 lol. but good luck.

Plus you should make sure that your video card settings are set to performance and away from quality if your looking for a simple benchmark score. And yes as was stated make sure you have latest drivers for your vid card, as quite a few have come out lately that are optimized for the benchies. Good luck!! :thup:

If I was him try doign the benchmark with out OCing see if that the problem. Also that video card is what slowing you down. Upgrade to 5700 Ultra if you want i had one they are a nice card. 5500 was my 3dmarker2003 score. Just my two cents.

Well I have been looking around about BIOS settings for video cards and I think I had it set as good as possible. I have also set all the setting in the nVIDIA software to the fastest settings possible and it still runs like this. I will check again to see if there are any newer drivers but I think mine are all up to date. Furthermore, there is nothing running in the background that would slow it down, I have the fewest things running possible.

So I really have no idea what to try next, I was thinking about getting a 9800 pro but that would be pointless if its not my card thats the main problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or would someone be willing to get on my comp via remote access and see if you can find anything awry?

video card, possibly ram and cpu as well. oh heck, just go get a new one.

Click Here

Just download that file and install the drivers. You will have to extract it first. You might have to reinstall video cards drivers too.

--Josh

Well after over 6 hours of tweaking and researching I finally managed to score a 2386 which is a huge improvement! Considering I can score that with my current card what would I be looking at scoring when I upgrade to the 9800 pro?

Well, my last score at 420/370 was 6700, and if you buy a new card, you could flash it to XT and overclock it higher than me, so you might cross 7000+ on yours.

Hehe, I ran 3dMark03 last night and scored under 300 with the setup in my sig. I have a 9800pro on order right now. Can't wait to see the difference.

huh? Geforce 2 ti4200? It is a Geforce 2 or Geforce 4? Cause 4's had the ti4200 line and no the 2's.

If it is a geforce 4 then you should get a bit higher then 300. I was getting something like 6K with my ti4600.

DocGiggs said:
huh? Geforce 2 ti4200? It is a Geforce 2 or Geforce 4? Cause 4's had the ti4200 line and no the 2's.

If it is a geforce 4 then you should get a bit higher then 300. I was getting something like 6K with my ti4600.

Your talking about 01 though(right?). Hes talking about 03.

--Josh

6k in 01 would be a terrible score for a ti4600.

and 6k in 03 would be impossible, its a dx8 card.

not sure what he's referring to.. :-/

yeah it was 03 not 01. I could've sworn its a geforce 2 not 4. Gonna have to wait til I get home to check though. I've had it for a couple years at least.

Allright I actually believe this is a GeForce 2 Ti 64MB card. Wow, now I really can't wait to get the 9800pro. Gotta change my sig, hehe.

Back