• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wrong Timings for my HyperX PC4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xSeongminx

Registered
Hey, I just put in a stick of PC4000 into my computer and it reads as 3-4-4-8 (the correct timings). However, the other stick of ram that I put in has timings of 3-3-3-8. Uhmm, is this usual for a mobo to not detect the correct timings? Btw, the information on the ram is all the same... HY5DU56822BT-D5 So..., is my ram messed up or is it ok for the computer to read different timings? (Btw, CPUZ also detects these timings and lables my PC4000 as having a max bandwith of PC3200 xP.) Thanks for the help.

no, i have the same ram, i had the same problem, just set the timings manually. yea cpu-z does say they are 3200, but they do 250 without any problems

Your mobo autodetects the timings based on the speed of the RAM. At 250 it should autodetect 3-4-4-11. 3-3-3-11 is the standard timings for all PC3200 RAM. Hence why your mobo selected it.

Technically no mobo supports DDR500 (yet). You must overclock to get to that speed.

Thanks for the help but for the person with the Kingston Hyper X PC4000, can you give me the info on your chips? Are the last four BT-D5? LMK. Thanks.

I have the 1x512 XMS4000 BTD43 Chip I think. For 235 by spd made it 3 4 4 10 but I guess it can be tighter than that. It ought to do 3 4 4 8 at 250, if you can test it at that speed and know for sure that nothing else might cuase error, i.e you're testing the RAM 100% then great - if it errors with those timings then take it back obviously!!

I don't think the 'by speed' setting can be used reliably, testing is the only truest method unfortunetely.

Back