• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Ocin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Murdies8up

Registered
Ok a few Newb questions to get me started.

1. What tool is used to moniter the temp on your gpu?
2. Is there a guide on attaching heatsink and where too?

I have a 9600xt with only 128. I want to play a bit with OCing. I have DLed and installed the latest Omega Drivers. OMEGA 2.5.90 (ATI Catalyst 8.07 Beta) . First off im not sure that is what I will need/want. Any help would be great
:burn:

first off read the stickies in the section. Best way to familar yourself with things. I don't believe the 9600xt has a gpu monitor. I think you can buy an external sensor to read it.

best thing to do is look around and see what other people have been getting with there 9600xt cards (core/ram) and then use the oc feature in such drivers as Omega ATI drivers...

Yes I read (ALOT) and learn alot but some of the more basic question are elusive. I found the overdrive tab and my gpu run at 33-34 degrees and at 526 mghz. Under the advanced tab I have my core @ 526.50 and Mem @ 297

What is the safe temp you should strive for? Is there a ratio of core to mem? I will try to read thru the forums more but with 6 lil ones about it's difficult at best

edit: Read more on "Safe zone" , but now how do you test your temp under load? Run a game in window mode?

I wouldnt worry about load temps when your idling at 33-34 degrees.If it gets too hot the vpu recovery feature will stop the game or benchmark and crash to the dektop.
Or your game will lock up or crash.

Back