• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deadly case fan? aaaaaaaaaaah!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Npetune3000

I would like to know if hooking up a case fan with one of the 4 pins missing would pose a problem.

As you may know, the case fan has 2 wires that hook into 2 of the 4 pin connectors. The missing pins do not have the case fan connected to it. Therefire, I was wondering if hooking it up wouldpose a problem. I ask this because i've previously tried hooking up 2 fans on the same 4 pin connector same 2 power pins and had a little accident which caused me to get a new Case all together.

so the 4-pin connector attached to the fan has 3-pins on it? as long as the fans get power the other two pins won't cause any problems, connected or not.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

veryhumid said:
so the 4-pin connector attached to the fan has 3-pins on it? as long as the fans get power the other two pins won't cause any problems, connected or not.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

thank you veyr much for the welcome as well as advice. I've been a 3day lurker second day poster and find the members here to be quite helpful(esp on AIM) thank you very much :D

however, If i happen to have an accident, I will be paying you a visit :D

Yeah, I have one line for just my fans and cd-rw drive (just because they are all cheap). Then on another line is my video card, and my last one on the hard drive.

Back