• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=AG=Racer9

I have looked everywhere for this part number 256-A8-N347-AX do any of you have any ideas what this card is all it says is 6800 but I think it is the ultra.

are you using this card? check the clock speeds and amount of memory. Does it have 2 molex power connectors ?

J.

I called eVga about this card it is 256 mb with two power inputs it looks just like the Ultra but it only has a 6800 chip in it.Here is what I have found link It looks like it would kick some butt I am just scared of the 6800 chip set.Tell me what you think.

=AG=Racer9 said:
I called eVga about this card it is 256 mb with two power inputs it looks just like the Ultra but it only has a 6800 chip in it.Here is what I have found link It looks like it would kick some butt I am just scared of the 6800 chip set.Tell me what you think.
yea that's a souped up 6800, the ddr3 will improve the performance, but the 12 pipe's is still crippling it compared to a gt at the same speed's, for not that much more money.
still if the card is capable of doing the rivatuner softmod{very low success rate i hear} it might be worth it.
/jmo

Yea I just ran across it and thought it may be something for the price but after doing some looking I think you would be better off with the GT for a little more money.

last time I checked $80 wasnt a little amount of money, but I guess its all relative. The new RT has a very high success rate on the vertex pipe and a fair amount have done the other pipes. I noticed that alot of people got them fully opened on the asus GE version. I think this card would have a good shot as it looks like a true crippled ultra. Compared to people trying to open the pipes on a ddr1 board.

Does thsi thing have 2.0ns ram or is it like 2.3 or 2.6 or whatever the NU's are ? Cuss if the mem is anything higher then 2.0ns, you will never reach full ultra speeds of 1100mhz on the memory.

WOW if you can unlocked the chip to 16 pipes I may have found us all a great deal.So who will be the first to try it??

I still scared :cry: :D

If you look at the threads about it, you can open your BIOS via Rivatuner and know immediatly without flashing it. There is a certian string that indicates if it will flash / softmod. If its not there it probly wont work.

=AG=Racer9 said:
WOW if you can unlocked the chip to 16 pipes I may have found us all a great deal.So who will be the first to try it??

I still scared :cry: :D
there is no risk. you unlock the pipes they either work or they don't. if they do and the pipes you unlocked are defective you'll see artifacts, if not it's all good. if you do experience anomilies all you have to do is reverse what you did with riva tuner. no harm no fowl

copernicus said:
yea that's a souped up 6800, the ddr3 will improve the performance, but the 12 pipe's is still crippling it compared to a gt at the same speed's, for not that much more money.
still if the card is capable of doing the rivatuner softmod{very low success rate i hear} it might be worth it.
/jmo

actually with RT 15.2 the success rate is upwards of 80% for a full mod!!! This is according to a poll in progress at guru3d.com. Doesn't sound very low to me. my eVGA 6800NU is now a full 16 pipe 6 vertex card!!

J.

Back