• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best Catalyst Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mista ting

Whats the best Catalyst drivers ? that has the best preformance i just update to cat 4.9 and 3dmark points went down like crap :bang head and dose cat 4.8 have full support of DirectX 9.0C?.

yes that is a link to the newest drivers out. they are based on the ATI 4.10 beta driver which uses a new technology called AI (geforce has been using for a while) that adjusts shading parameters to get more performance. People see large framerate improvements. If you can't wait, go with the beta omega version. however the stable 4.10 driver with AI is due this month and will be released within 1-2 weeks (I would say 1).

mista ting said:
Whats the best Catalyst drivers ? that has the best preformance i just update to cat 4.9 and 3dmark points went down like crap :bang head and dose cat 4.8 have full support of DirectX 9.0C?.

The 8.07 HotFix (Cat 4.10).

Viper

bah i've tried thouse "Omega" drives there interface is cool but the 3dmark scores are exactly the same as the ati drivers. I just want to know wich ati drivers is the best :beer:

then the answer is... "the newest driver" ;)

Omegas aren't designed towards performance, i don't think. I think he shoots for better quality at no cost to performance.

you must bow down to viper john!!! can't wait to send my card his way. Man is a genious. Yes those drivers from the hotfix improved my 05 scores by over 1000..those are the ones you want for sure..although a beta they work fine

I get a crappy score in 3dmark 05, must be drivers, using 4.9.

Gonna wait for the offical release i think.

Back