• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok got my new 9800 pro but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaxonSteele

Registered
I loaded the drivers from omega and installed the card stock. Everything went fine and seemed to be working but when I ran 3dMark03 I had all kinds of stuff. Lines of green and red dots all over the screen. random dots over various colors. After it finished I scored 5300. Is this normal cause I gotta think it's not. I have not tried to OC or flash the bios. Just bone stock right out of the box. It came with no drivers (gotta love refurbs!!) so maybe I'm using the wrong drivers. Also I checked and couldn't tell which core I have. Am I crazy or do I have to remove the HSF to find it? Help!

.... I can tell you the answer i was lost the whole time till i read "gotta luv refurbs" ...

my suggestion STOP everything and RETURN THE ****ER

EDIT: im gusin this is from newegg .. refurbs are a MAJOR gamble rember u only got 15 days warranty soo HURRY->>

Agreed. If you're getting artifacts at stock speeds, then it sounds like the card is DOA. If you can, return the card immediately and get another one.

had a simaler problem when i had stock cooling on the 9800pro the core would heat up to 60C-70C no oc or anything the memory would be BURNING HOT and i would get alot of artifacting. i just upgrade the cooling and it went away :)

Back