• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Engrish Anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

EDIT: Problem solved - a jumper was not bridging two chassis intrusion pins correctly, I cleaned off the pins, and then replaced the jumper, and it worked.

Can someone please tell me what the heck this means. This is my backup rig. When I finally had to use it this morning, I get this engrish (which I have been plagued with in the past). Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it goes away. Last time I used it, it worked fine. When I finally needed to use this computer for troubleshooting a kernel problem on my main rig, I was bombarded with this error loop- forcing me to BIOS setup each time.

I had to end up using a PI rig with a USB NIC (talk about sluggish... each time a page would load the CPU load would go to 100% and I would have to wait about 20 seconds).

Anyway- system specs are below:

Asus A7N266-VM
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
256MB PC2700 Fake Crucial RAM (thanks buyaib.com @#$%^&$!!! scammers)
Maxtor 5400 40GB HDD
16x LiteOn DVD
Onboard everything else (Integrated GPU, NIC, sound,...)
Windows XP Professional SP2

"Message Confirmation - The system intruded, chassis opened or tempered before"

Hit OK, reboot, bios setup reloads, message confirmation reappears... repeats over and over and over...

Attachments

• tempered 001.jpg
    tempered 001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 861
Last edited:
it means someone opened up the pc case. On some pc's there is a sensor to warn you about this. The idea is that the hd, parts, can't be tampered with.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
i think it's telling you it's been violated :eek:

As funny as that sounds, I cannot understand how it could know the chassis has been opened- there is no chassis intrusion button or sensor that I know of. I was thinking maybe the proper english of this would be:

"The system was intruded into, chassis was opened, or the system has been tampered with"

But that's just impossible for the mobo to know.

Last edited:
Perhaps disabling Chassis Intrustion in the BIOS would be a good idea.

LmpPns said:
Perhaps disabling Chassis Intrustion in the BIOS would be a good idea.

I spent a good 20 minutes searching through bios settings for that feature. Couldn't find it. And I can't find the sensor button thing / pins to ensure nothing is giving it a false reading or is shorting it causing it to think the chassis is opened.

Contra said:
i got raped !!!!!!!!!!!

if it is saying that then it has the ability to shut it off
keep looking

There is no setting in bios. I'm looking for a chassis jumper or perhaps a light sensor that I can just electric tape over... but no luck so far.

Oooh, a pregnant motherboard has got to be the worst...

[diggingforgold] "Why do you keep rebooting?"
[motherboard, sobbing] "I don't knowwwww!"

Best to get her on the patch, M8.

Diggrr said:
Oooh, a pregnant motherboard has got to be the worst...

[diggingforgold] "Why do you keep rebooting?"
[motherboard, sobbing] "I don't knowwwww!"

Best to get her on the patch, M8.

LOL.

Actually- I fixed the problem. There's a line of jumpers near the case button/light pins that has a jumper that goes over two of the four pins (where you can hook up a case intrusion light sensor or button). If you don't have a sensor, you have to bridge the two pins, or the mobo will think the sensor has been tripped.

Well, the pins appeared to be bridged correctly. But I noticed a lot of cement dust over the other pins. So I pulled the jumper and cleaned off the pins that were underneath it, and replaced it, and it booted up normally.

So my guess is there was a poor connection or perhaps the concrete just was bridging some other jumpers causing false readings... I dunno- but its fixed now. So if I ever see this thing giving me more problems, I know what to do.

Hmm thats interesting....never heard of something like that....good that you found that out

diggingforgold said:
Well, the pins appeared to be bridged correctly. But I noticed a lot of cement dust over the other pins. So I pulled the jumper and cleaned off the pins that were underneath it, and replaced it, and it booted up normally.

Why was there cement in your computer?!?!

Back