• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going from one Mobo to another Help Please ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnt_Ram

i just recently bought a Abit NF7 for the wifes computer, but it wont load windows. i went from a Asus A7N8X so i thought it would just fire up seeing tho their both Nforce2 chip sets ! is there any way you guys know of i can get this new board to fire up short of a FORMAT ? ewww format ;)

anytime you switch mb you sould consider doing a fresh install of the operating system (which basically means a reformat). If you manage to get a system to boot after switching without a fresh install you're destined to have all kinds of driver issues.

If the old Asus ran in ACPI mode, you have to have ACPI on the new one activated too and vice versa. Disable/delete the stuff the NF7 lacks, like SATA and such

HousERaT said:
anytime you switch mb you sould consider doing a fresh install of the operating system (which basically means a reformat). If you manage to get a system to boot after switching without a fresh install you're destined to have all kinds of driver issues.
i wouldn't have thought there would be *driver* issues due to the fact they're both nforce2 chipsets ... :(

klingens said:
If the old Asus ran in ACPI mode, you have to have ACPI on the new one activated too and vice versa. Disable/delete the stuff the NF7 lacks, like SATA and such
ACPI mode huh. when i get my replacement CPU (ordered a mobile got a non :( i'll try that before i format. thx for the tip

Back