• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, Mixed DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stokez

I have 2 modules of DDR, different speeds and timings, both 512Mb in size. One is DDR400 @ 200Mhz, CAS 3 by SPD (Nanya). The other is DDR266 @ 133Mhz, CAS 2.5 by SPD (SpecTek). I'm not sure what timings I should run them both at, or in witch slots, currently 1 and 3. Both are timed at 2.5-3-3-7-9-16, it's what I manually set them in BIOS. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to have a gig of RAM but I'm too poor to run out and get a matching pair. I slap in one or the other they work flawlessly, I slap in both and my PC get's a little jumpy now and then. I'm new to this stuff and am willing to learn.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ "NewCastle" (DH7-CG)
MSI K8T Neo FIS2R
1024Mb RAM, 2x512Mb
Windows XP Home/SP2
Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE
And some more stuff too

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to tweak with the timings some more and see what happens.

welcome to the fourms!!!!!! theres a big difference in memory capability between pc2100 and pc 3200.unless the pc2100 really overclocks well i wouldnt bother with it cause u could lose alot of bw if u have to run it at pc2100 speeds

Last edited:
Back