• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake claiming to make AS5??!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That tube apparently still says Arctic Silver 5

It should be noted some Arctic Silver products are rebranded at times, Antec rebrands it, as does others and is no big deal. :burn:

I was just some what confused as to the AS5 badging yet in TT packaging, and with no credit to AS for the products origins...

I have a very strong dislike for Tt. Some of their products are good but the majority, imho, are made so that they look nice and appeal to little kids. Basically I find a good deal of their products do nothing but look nice and insult the modding community. So many companies make better stuff yet we all know of Tt, I wonder why that is.

Tt is that nos sticker a teenager puts on his moms corolla. (no disrespect intended to the car or any owners.)

i dont see whats wrong with this? ...

its just AS maybe making a partnership with thermaltake???

i dont see whats wrong?... its just as5 with tt paked.. like how alot of people with watercooling have repacked the coolent

wizard james said:
i dont see whats wrong with this? ...

its just AS maybe making a partnership with thermaltake???

i dont see whats wrong?... its just as5 with tt paked.. like how alot of people with watercooling have repacked the coolent

I don't see a problem there. Just about everyone rebranded the Shin Etsu thermal paste before AS5 was released.

The problem was that noone let you know which Shin Etsu compound they were rebranding. The only decent compound was the Shin Etsu G-751 thermal grease, outperforming the AS3 by a few degree's.

Just about everyone started selling rebranded Shin Etsu thermal grease, but none of it was the G751. At least ThermalTake are letting us know which Arctic Silver product they're rebranding.....

The G751 was roughly the same as the current Arctic Silver Ceramique thermal compound....

mjw21a said:
I don't see a problem there. Just about everyone rebranded the Shin Etsu thermal paste before AS5 was released.

The problem was that noone let you know which Shin Etsu compound they were rebranding. The only decent compound was the Shin Etsu G-751 thermal grease, outperforming the AS3 by a few degree's.

Just about everyone started selling rebranded Shin Etsu thermal grease, but none of it was the G751. At least ThermalTake are letting us know which Arctic Silver product they're rebranding.....

The G751 was roughly the same as the current Arctic Silver Ceramique thermal compound....

I'm interested as to where you get those results. Not necessarily for the G751, but for the ceramique. I wasn't aware that BillA was into testing TIM's lately (since I wouldn't rely on anyone other to report TIM performance). Or...am I reading that wrong? "Roughly the same as" meaning price or performance? Or a third option, since I don't recall it being either.

The-Traveler said:
I have a very strong dislike for Tt. Some of their products are good but the majority, imho, are made so that they look nice and appeal to little kids. Basically I find a good deal of their products do nothing but look nice and insult the modding community. So many companies make better stuff yet we all know of Tt, I wonder why that is.

Tt is that nos sticker a teenager puts on his moms corolla. (no disrespect intended to the car or any owners.)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just look at their products, their stupid logo is branded on everything they make, I just find it irritating.

Not conductive, but slightly capacitive. Shorting a circuit with a [properly rated] capacitor won't allow for energy to flow freely. For a big company, thats not enough to be considered a possibility to fry a cpu. Also, marketing departments always seems to be detached from reality and the rest of the company. Sorta like whatever suits them, goes.

I dont know if anyone else has noticed the same thing, but I sure noticed that some Tt products are very poorly made. Terrible quality. Others are wonderful.

Relax, we sell AS5 to Thermaltake. ;)

Colin Thompson
Arctic Silver, Inc.

Silversinksam said:
Yes, they do, That's rebranded Arctic Silver 5 :thup:

Silversinksam: wait a minute !

There was a review recently posted on oc.com (main page), that did a silver test, and the OCZ stuff had *NO* silver content !!

How can it be rebadged arctic silver 5 ??
It was you who wrote that review, too! @_@
They said they were recalling it
http://www.overclockers.com/articles938/

Is this a new brand?

TT isn't that bad as some of you guys make it out to be. From my sig you could tell what result I have from the TT product. I currently have an xp-90 with vantec tornado 92mm on sucking and its only 2c-3c cooler than the TT. The result were the same as for blowing or sucking on the xp-90, I have it sucking cause the chipset is cooled by as much as 3-4c cooler as oppose to blowing.

Back