• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Value Select 1G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobad

As you can see by my sig, I'm sort of RAM challenged. I want to upgrade, but don't want to break the bank.

Is this RAM a pretty good choice for my board?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-145-440&DEPA=0

Is it a pretty fair deal, price wise?

My goal is to gain overall system speed without losing any stability at my current speed of 3524, and maybe even try for 3600 and beyond.

Current Sandra score shows ~5500 mbps, and I would like to kick that up significantly, and also get my Passmark score up to at least 400.

Thanks,,,

The Corsair Value Select memory is really good stuff, despite it being called value. I would recomment it. I can run mine at cas 2. Just don't count on much overclockability of the RAM, its basically maxed at 400.

AzN_LuvER_4_LyF said:
The Corsair Value Select memory is really good stuff, despite it being called value. I would recomment it. I can run mine at cas 2. Just don't count on much overclockability of the RAM, its basically maxed at 400.

I would be happy with slightly lower latency and the same CPU speed at 1:1 as my current RAM. The improvement in RAM bandwith clock for clock should be a nice improvement, right?

bobad said:
I would be happy with slightly lower latency and the same CPU speed at 1:1 as my current RAM. The improvement in RAM bandwith clock for clock should be a nice improvement, right?

yeah it should help a bit, I'm sure the corsair should be a bit faster than the pc2700 you have now

Back