• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do about a broken CPU lever?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

football

Any ideas to what I should do?

The lever sometimes catch, it use to catch all the time.

This lever is used to lock and unlock the cpu in the socket of the mobo, duh! :D

Dscf15.jpg

hmm not sure if there is a whole lot you can do. It might be possible to disassemble the socket and fit another lever scrounged from another board in there then put it back together.

I just realized.........

By pulling or pushing on the backend of the socket, it locks and unlocks the cpu that way..DUH!! :clap:

I think iNterBeiNg is on the right track there. I remember reading up on some OC tips from the OC main page a while back about someone who disassembled his socket so he could solder in a die thermostat........

If you dont feel that confident about using Footballs idea, then the board is pretty well toasted anyways. SOOO might as well give it a try :D

Foxy

FireFox said:
If you dont feel that confident about using Footballs idea, then the board is pretty well toasted anyways. SOOO might as well give it a try :D

Foxy

What are you talking about? :confused:

The mobo is running now. :eek:

superglue, ducttape and/or rubberbands. might also try plumber's flux and a brazing torch or a soldering iron and some solder (please use the environmentally friendly kind)

Back