• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The P4 2.4 C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xerotheory

Registered
So just curious, on stock cooling, and on air but not stock, what has everyone reached?

Please tell me what ratio/mem you used, what clock you achieved, and was it stock air or aftermarket air cooling.

I reached 3.7 ghz solid on my 2.4c with stock

Mobo= P4c800 e deluxe
Mem= OCZ pc4200 cl 2.5 1:1 310 fsb

and I am on stock cooling and under full load never go over 44c

What Scotch is reporting is much more the exception than the rule. My 2.4C will do 3.5 to 3.55 gig stable with a Thermalright SLK-947 heatsink and good case ventilation.

My last 2.4C was a very early one and it would only do 3.3 gig even with good cooling.

Most Northwoods will generally do ok up to at least 3.2 gig with stock cooling, some maybe a little more (maybe up to 3.4 gig) as long as you don't have to raise vcore much and as long as you have good case ventilation.

What memory ratio you use depends on what RAM you have and how well it overclocks.

3.5ghz @ 1.6v (292FSB 1:1) for benchmarks, and 3.4ghz @ 1.6v (284FSB 1:1) for daily running. SL6Z3 on my Albatron PX865PE Pro II board with Adata PC4200 ram.

Mine's not on stock cooling, but I would be able to run the same overclock without worrying about my temps.

2.4C @ 3.42 w/ 1.55V

That's with Geil Golden Dragon PC3700 2.5-4-4-8
and my MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS (Platinum Edition)

Back