• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad 9700tx flash. Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

painterh

Registered
I just bought what was represented to me as a 9700PRO, but when I received it , it turned to be a 9700tx (made by ati for Dell). Being unable to get an exchange or refund I decided to try (after reading quite a few posts on the subject) to try to flash the bios. I followed the instructions as I understood them , Making a boot disk with atiflash utility and new bios file and so forth. Being a newbie I apparently made one big mistake (not backing up original bios). Well, Atiflash utility went as far as erasing the bios chip then reported "error; timeout after bulk erase." I now have a completely dead card. I installed a pci card and tried booting with it and then flashing new card but still no success. Any who can help, please post as soon possible.

Back