• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ha!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

My buddy just bought a 9800 Pro 256MB ($254). It's "better" than my 6800NU because it has 256MB ram :bang head

:rolleyes:

just thought i'd share, lol.

J.

football said:
The FX5200 256mb is even cheaper! :attn: :bday:

I have 2 cousins that both bought that card and they thought it would be awesome, and so they max out all their graphics on games and just play them with horrifying frame rates. Sad really...

Droban said:
I have 2 cousins that both bought that card and they thought it would be awesome, and so they max out all their graphics on games and just play them with horrifying frame rates. Sad really...

Then you have some (one), that claims to play at highest graphics w/AA AF turned up in Doom 3. And then after all that, get 80+ fps...Yeah right! :rolleyes:

Aslan said:
You should have shown him the FX5600 256MB or the 9600 np 256MB as they are cheaper. :rolleyes:

FX5600 is NOT a good choice at all if he'd want to play current games. And if your buddy would add about $30 +/- he'll get himself a 6800nu which is 2x as fast! And then using RivaTuner 15.2 make it 16x1 pipes / 6x1 Vertex. Doesn't work for all, but if he'll get lucky he'll then would been able to overclock it to GT/ULTRA speeds and finaly just Flash it to an Ultra or GT.

^ Sounds a lot like "stairs of luck" but how much more money he'd save (or loose) ! :)

lol. we know the fx5600 is not a good idea. I also know that my 6800NU at 16/6 will STOMP his 9800pro 256MB. There's just no arguing with some people u know? "but mine is 256MB". lol. oh well, whatever.

J.

Back