• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 Worth 130 $ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

Here is the thing i had to beg my friend to buy me Half Life 2 now there are three packages available .. the one i want is the gold one which is 80$'s so far so good .. but when we proceeded to final the total cost was coming around $130 OUCH!!!

i would love to get the collectors box and the t-shirt and the whole deal but dont you guys think 130$'s is kinda overkill ? :(

so what should i do? go for the silver package? or is there any online site which can ship the collectors edition to pakistan? also posted it on steam forums with no that much response ..

whoa... 130, i hope you dont mean 130 US. Also, who knows if it'll be worth it. I would laugh so hard if it comes out and flops.*

*I dont think it will, but come on, anything is possible

shipping will always hurt you, you clearly understand that.

I would just wait if I was you and see what you can do when it comes out in retail.

mica

stupid question here but has it even gone gold yet? jw cause all the stuff that has been happening like these packages, cs: s, the reviews in pcgamer ect...

Since you can't play HL2 anyways until retail units are on shelves couldn't you wait until some company imports the game to Pakistan for a lot cheaper.

I know the last time I went to India they had legal copies of the newest games for like half price (although you really had to look for the legal copies, they had warez everywhere for like 2$).

I would never pay anything over $55 for a video game. I dont care about collecter edition games whooo a tea shirt and the HL games with the old cs, and oh look none work on my system because thier so ancient not to mention i already have them all.

If making HL2 singlep layer and selling it for $55 the nmultiplayer for $30 i wont even bother with HL2. It better come with HL2 and CS:S source for $55 nothing more. Valve or steam or whatever you wanan call them are kind outa hand with the prices here. I might actually buy Halo 2 instead

CandymanCan said:
I would never pay anything over $55 for a video game. I dont care about collecter edition games whooo a tea shirt and the HL games with the old cs, and oh look none work on my system because thier so ancient not to mention i already have them all.

If making HL2 singlep layer and selling it for $55 the nmultiplayer for $30 i wont even bother with HL2. It better come with HL2 and CS:S source for $55 nothing more. Valve or steam or whatever you wanan call them are kind outa hand with the prices here. I might actually buy Halo 2 instead

There are different packages for different reason, and they aren't separating the single and multiplayer:

HALF-LIFE 2 BRONZE $49.95
INCLUDES:
▪ Half-Life 2
▪ Counter-Strike:Source

HALF-LIFE 2 SILVER $59.95
INCLUDES:
▪ Half-Life 2
▪ Half-Life 1:Source
▪ Day of Defeat:Source
▪ PLUS: Valve's back catalog available on Steam.

HALF-LIFE 2 GOLD $89.95
INCLUDES:
▪ Half-Life 2
▪ Half-Life 1:Source
▪ Day of Defeat:Source
▪ Valve's back catalog available on Steam.
▪ PLUS: HL2 posters, full strat guide, soundtrack, hat, collector's box, postcard & more.

CandymanCan said:

Don't worry the bronze version will come with CS and Mr.Chambers pointed out. Also Half-Life is redone and recompiled here with the Source engine. It is included for those who would like to replay (or just play for you youngins ;)) the original half-life with beautiful graphics.

Ok so bronze has HL2 and CS:S and how much is it? It better not be over or $60, if it is im not buying it. Was talking to a few friends who were as mad at the prices as i am, and thier ganan buy Halo 2 instead.

bronze as you can see is 50 the silver is 60. IMO, silver is the best buy since you get all the mods with it for only 10 more.

I never really got into Day of Defeat, but replaying half-life for the 4th time with new graphics is really appealing, I might get the silver package soon, or wait till I have my desktop again.

half life source from what i have heard is not going to be totally new graphics .. what they have done is added few water reflection effect and physics rest of the game is as it is .. got the info from steampowered forums ..

I bought the silver package on Friday and I have been very pleased. The steam software downloads all the games you want and the connection speed is awesome. It has already downloaded the HL2 files on my computer and I can start playing immediately when the game comes out. I must say that is a nice benefit of the steam software. You can also download the files onto any computer but you can only be logged onto one computer at a time. So you can go over to your friends house and download the games and play there, log out then come home and play again without having to lug around the CDs. Very nice feature, I highly recommend it.

Im a HUGE fan of hl i played hl and all its offical mods and expansions ... but even I think 130 is a lil too much.... think of all you can buy for tht much !

Back