• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wooo x800xt pci e 3ghz p, giga byte mobo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PottaCoola

Radeon X800XT 256MB PCI-E VIVO
Intel 915P S775 PCI-E ATX ALR
P4 530 1MB S775 800FSB Box
this will be my new system in a few hours and then some ddr 2 memory soon after. anyone guess what my 3d marks will be? check out this post tomorrow and see. i got some formating to do.

i got x800xt pci e my mobo and proccessor set it all up it works, i restart to see if my cd drives are shoing in the bios (they wasnt working) and they was but they still dont work, i restart again to lok in bios and i see artifacts in the bios and its froze. i restart again and same thing but now every time i restart it doesnt post and i dont get anything on the screen. i cant test if its the gcard or proccessor or mobo cuz there the only thing i got in pci e.

anyone know what i could do to fix this, im guessing its the gcard as the screen is blank. iv tryed diffrent power suplies and memory, hard drives nothing, iv plugged the 2 molex connecters in the power suply to so i know the gcard is connected. tryed resetting the bios to it worked the first time but thats when i seen artifacts in bios.

iv put a rma in to dabs.com and they should pick up the parts next monday so if anyone could help sort it out befor then cuz i dont want to send the xxt back :(

Do you have any onboard video? Not sure which mobo you have but if you can take off the pci-e vid card and try onboard to see if that works, you'll know if it is the card or not.

you didn't oc or change anything in the bios did you? If so try clearing the cmos data and rebooting.

oops.....silly me I see its a gigabyte mobo in the title

Last edited:
tryed that, the thing is i hardly touched the bios just set the date thats it, it allready figuerd my clock speed for memory and cpu. normaly if you forget to put memory in or the vga card or something the mobo normaly beeps dont it? i took out the vga card and seen if it would beep and it didnt, not even for the memory or hard drive. and noramly the floppy drive would flash and it didnt, im starting to think its the mobo but it wouldnt turn on atall if it was would it?

Those mobos have a 24-pin power connector. Are you using a standard ATX 20-pin PS? Do you have the square 4-pin aux. power cable connected into the mobo? You should have a series of long beeps if the RAM is a problem. Almost sounds like a mobo problem or no power to the mobo. Maybe the CPU is bad or not seated correctly?

yeah im using a standered power suply and it has the 4 extra to plug into it, in the manuel it said one could be used. and i was thinking the same with the beeps but it doesnt do anything. the cpu was ok it was working and the temps on it was fine when it was working. so could be the mobo.

Back