• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 raped?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beanfondler

Registered
So I was following the guide here...
HTML:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/100

I made a little bit of a mistake, I have a Powercolor x800pro vivo. I'd flashed it to enable the extra four pipes, they were enabled but either I wasn't getting enough volts or the extra pipes weren't functional. So I wanted to flash back to 12 pipes, I used the "empty.bin" to get rid of all the bios that I had flashed before, and I had my original x800pro vivo bios ready to flash afterwards. The empty.bin bios went nicely but the x800pro bios were corrupted and wouldn't access off of the floppy, so I was going to wait until I could get on another computer and get the bios.... That was yesterday, now I get home today, and I am ready to try and reinstall the x800 pro vivo bios, but a pesky member of my family had turned my computer off... Now the card isn't functioning too well. By not functioning to well, I mean doesn't function at all... I tried putting in an old pci graphix card so that i could get into the dos mode to reflash the card but it won't recognize the pci card when the x800 is in the agp slot. Is there a way to get it to recognize the pci card over the agp card so that i can flash it, and will that even work?

So to summarize, I flashed the "empty.bin" file to clear all the old bios and my computer was turned off before I could reinstall the x800pro bios.

So my question is this... Is my card raped, or is it possible to flash it back to an x800 pro?

Last edited:
Physically remove the X800, leave your PCI card in, and boot the machine. Go into the BIOS, and somewhere there will be a setting for "Primary video adapter is: AGP/PCI" Set this to PCI, save, and shutdown.

Reinstall your X800, leave your PCI card in again, and boot the machine. So long as you set the BIOS correctly, it will now boot with primary video through your PCI card. You can now flash the empty.bin back into your X800.

Back