• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Video card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathScyth_Hell

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out which video card to buy...I've done a lot of reading....read the forums about 10 times....read some articles...
I play a lot of games...My price range is about 200 bux...
I'm thinking of buying a V7100 Pro GeForce2 MX-400 64MB or V7700 GeForce2 GTS Pure 32MB...which do you reccomend....or if you have another card you think is better...plz tell me...
thx a lot Overclockers...

i suggest a radeon 64mb ddr vivo or a gf2pro.....if you wait a while you should get a radeon 8500

I have the Leadtek Geforce 2 gts pro 64meg DDR W/TV out. It's a great card and newegg has them for $154 plus shipping. It also comes with o/cing software and dvd software. It works very well on my TV playing dvd's.

Well, as you know since you've read the other threads, I was just at this same place. No video and needed one asap.

For pure gaming (and only gaming), the geforce line is best.

For some gaming, but better 2d (geforce cards are a bit fuzzy in 2d) and video in/out, I went with the radeon. I really don't game enough right now, need the vivo, and don't have much faith in the fact any gf3 games are coming soon.

Which online store is cheap and isn't a scam??...cuz the store that i go comp shopping with doesn't have the gf2 gts pro 64 mb ddr...

I have a Geforec 2 Pro 64mb DDR and if you want it just buy the vivo 64 meg and ill trade you

its running at 350/465 at the moment

On-Line Computer Parts buying advice

;)

I shop the internet for the best prices using www.ibuyer.net

Simply search on the product and a list of 20 or so reputable on-line vendors appears. You'd be surprised at the difference in prices.

I've searched many on-line vendors for video cards and have found MicrosourceUSA to have the largest selection at the best prices. Newegg.com is a good one too.

I recently purchased an MSI 64MB DDR GeForce2 Pro w/TV out from microSourceUSA (located in Ohio) for $165. It was a great deal then (2 months ago) but a recent check at Ibuyer.net shows them on sale for $118. Thats right tell your friends. In fact here's the link.

http://www.ibuyer.net/prod.html?id=557139

try pricewatch, and then check resellerratings .comricewatch has the liwest prices ive ever seen

The GF2 PRo 64 DDR is one great card - onlyt the Ultra and GF3 beat it in speed. For just games get a GeForce 2 Pro at elast 64mb, mine was only $137 For all around picture quality and speed geta VIVO

Slower than the GF but ahead in pic qualitiy - i wish i would have gotten it

Sorry again...the sites you guys gave me are in the states currency...does anyone have it in the canadian currency??..thx again...

Check out anitec.ca, atic.ca or ncix.com(if you don't live in BC this is probably your best bet)

DeathScyth_Hell said:
Would you buy a ATI Radeon DDR 64MB or a ASUS V7700 GeForce2 GTS 64MB DDR???...

VIVO means Video In / Video Out. I.E., a T.V. tuner.

DEFINATELY go with the GeForce2 GTS Pro 64MB DDR (The "Pro" makes all the difference over the GTS). ATI is fantastic for editing video, and for showing spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations, but can't hold a candle to the GTS Pro for games. Str8 up.

Well.. 2 months ago i purchased my first name brand video card and I love it.

It's a ATI rage pro 32 MB All-in-Wonder card and I got it brand new in box for $119

Back