• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9500 Pro failing Jedi Knights

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vthondaboi

Registered
Just got Star Wars Jedi Kights: Jedi Academy with my Audigy card. Put it on 1200x#### with 32-bit color and windows had an error. The tried lowering some of the quality settings, still croaked. Now I launched in safe mode with 800x600 and it runs fine. Is this thing even going to touch Half Life 2?

I've been playing WC3 and CS a lot so no issues there.

BTW when will ATI come out with the next great card like the 9500 Pro. Seems like Nvidia stole it this time with the 6600GT.

are you running the card overclocked?
are you using the stock HSF? mine was able to run that game just fine with the stock cooler, but i cleaned off the thermal pad and put ceramique in there instead.

edit: wait a min, i also had a 60mm fan placed about 2cm off of the HS. it 'dangled' from some longer screws that i put into the heatsinks fins

your 9500 pro will run CS:source around 50 fps, 800x600 med settings. My freind has that card w/ a 3200 and 1 gig 400mhz ram and thats wat he is getting. My system runs it @ 88 fps (vid stress test) 1024x768 highest settings. And im sure half-life 2 and source will get very similar results since it is the same engine.

I have yet to install the sound card. I'm currently using just a 2.1 speaker set-up with some $5 creative speakers, lols.

The video card is not overclocked and has not been modified in anyway. Although I've been thinking about it, since it's old and it's a good excuse to buy a new one if I kill it.

I'm using ATI drivers I DL'd just last week on a fresh install.

So perhaps I should put some AS5 on with along with a new fan?

Do y'all know of any fan/cooler Fry's/outpost carries that will fit on it?

Thanks

Back