• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 pro compatible water blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc613

ao let me have it, all the block which are compatible and work well.

i don't need "pimp factor" just well desined no frill blocks that mount well and have 12 id brabs.

thanks.

the x800's use the same mounting holes as other ati cards, therefore any block that will work for them will work for it as well.
2 things:
-when your looking at the pic on the website theres no perspective, these things are actually kinda large (my maze4 is anyway)
-be sure the block you pick is going to clear any ramsinks you have

When I did this research, people seemed to be suggesting the Swiftech block. I have ordered it and I love it. You need to get the two barbs to get 1/2 ID tubing on it, but according to what I have read, this is not an issue.

My experience with this block has been great. Easy to install, get the tubes over and it is nice and tight around the tubes and adapters. Love it.

hey! i'm in ottawa too!

cool!

but yeah, i'm looking at either that swiftec non-tec block or the danger den gpu block.

at least those are the 2 i think i can find in canada.

Shuruga2 and SunTzu69 wgere did you order yourblocks from?

thanks.

Well,

I have ordered two swiftech waterblocks from two canadian retailers.

Bigfootcomputers has pretty much anything swiftech. You can get the adapters for the MCW50 here too.. Their level of service is extremely good (they changed my order 3 times at my request, patiently..) and prices very reasonable. Everything arrived quickly and well packaged. The only issue here is that some particular items they take time to get in stock. If you order for over $100, I think it's free shipping which is nice.

E-compuvision.com has most everything swiftech also. They have alot in stock... which is great. However, I must mention that I have had an issue with their service to date. They said they would ship my package on a tuesday via express, and they shipped thursday via standard post. I was upset as I missed out on a long weekend to build my project. They didn't seem overly concerned and understanding of my needs. I don't think I'll order from them again personally.. bigfootcomputers.com has my trust. The ratings and reviews are good however for compuvision.

Good luck and enjoy !!!

SunTzu69 said:
Well,

I have ordered two swiftech waterblocks from two canadian retailers.

Bigfootcomputers has pretty much anything swiftech. You can get the adapters for the MCW50 here too.. Their level of service is extremely good (they changed my order 3 times at my request, patiently..) and prices very reasonable. Everything arrived quickly and well packaged. The only issue here is that some particular items they take time to get in stock. If you order for over $100, I think it's free shipping which is nice.

E-compuvision.com has most everything swiftech also. They have alot in stock... which is great. However, I must mention that I have had an issue with their service to date. They said they would ship my package on a tuesday via express, and they shipped thursday via standard post. I was upset as I missed out on a long weekend to build my project. They didn't seem overly concerned and understanding of my needs. I don't think I'll order from them again personally.. bigfootcomputers.com has my trust. The ratings and reviews are good however for compuvision.

Good luck and enjoy !!!

thanks, what about vibe computers? some good prices when stuff goes on sale there. like 20$ z-chips :)

i think i want to go dangerden maze4 gpu, looks like a well built block....

swiftech is nice too, ahh, decisions decisions, time for a week of reading :)

I've personally had a really good experience with Vibe Computers. I had a CC problem with my order, and when it was fixed it too late to ship, so my package was personally delivered to my house on a Friday night. If that's not good service, I don't know what is. :)

The maze4 clears standard ram sinks no prob. If they are cut off of a Socket A or something well...you are on your own. ;)

I would go with the Silverprop Fusion HL. Difference between HL and SL is the HL is taller so you can use ram sinks, but they are both great. Fusion doesn't have aluminum, so you have less of an issue with corosion. Otherwise, I would get the dd maze4 gpu.

check out this post for some canadian stores.

i got all my stuff from criticool. i'm using the maze4 and like it, but i probably would have gone with the silverprop if i'd fully researched and found out about the potential corrosion problems

edit: one thing to note about the maze4, the ends of the barbs come very nearly to the edge of the card which means your tubing bends out towards the side of the case further. anyone know if it is the same for the fusion? i cant close the side of my case without shifting my rbx into a bad position.

Last edited:
Yes,

I did have a good experience with Vibecomputers. However, I did not order any swiftech from there.

Check this out

merchant.mv

Last edited:
whoa, that blok looks interesting but thats an awful lot of aluminum. i'd want to see the inside to see if the it is in contact with the water

Shuruga2 said:
whoa, that blok looks interesting but thats an awful lot of aluminum. i'd want to see the inside to see if the it is in contact with the water

This is the Geforce fx version

innovatek_bg_4.jpg

I know the Fusion HL will not have problems with the hose hitting the card, as it is made to be used with ram sinks, so the barbs are raised higher off the block. I dont know about the SL.

Back