• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best a64 mobo for OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

Hey guys, I havn't yet changed over to an a64 rig yet, but i will be in the near future. My buddy plans on doing it within the next month or so and he doesn't know much about computer hardware so I was hoping I could get the inside scoup from my good friends at ocforums :p I was wondering what the best bang for buck mobo/processor is for the 754 platform. From my believe its the a64 3200+ and the dfi infinity nforce3 250(not sure) but like i said i don't know a whole lot about the a64 platform. So if you guys could give me and my friend some help that would be greatly appreciated.

Best mobo is the DFI Nforce3 LAN Party UT 250Gb. Best bang for the buck would be the Chaintech VNF3-250. As for CPU's, the 2800+ is a great buy. I myself just got a Sempr0n 3100+ and Chaintech VNF3-250 for $155 combined. They are going to arrive today but my XP-90 hsf won't be here till tomorrow.

ok thanx alot for the help AC. BTW where did you find your $155 combo deal? Thats pretty sweet. Maybe i'll recommend that to my buddy

Last edited:
Newegg, $100 for the Sempr0n and $55 for a refurb VNF3-250. I've never had a problem with refurbished motherboards from Newegg. The retail price of the VNF3-250 is only like $77 too so if your friend doesn't want a refurb the retail will only be about $20 more.

well i'm atwork right now, but i'll talk to him when i get home and see what he thinks about the refurbished model an if he would like it or not. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if i told him i know somebody thats never had a problem :p Thanx for the help guys

Back