• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 850 beat Athlon 1 gig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westhoops04

Registered
I have a celeron 850 with a gf2mx and 192 megs of ram that scored 4289 on 3dmark 2000. THen i used my athlon 1 gig with 256 megs of ram and a gf2mx and i only 3503. What is up.

I have a hunch its the MX. The MX's have SOOOO many different "Flavours', that one is prolly the lower class one, like an MX200, and the one in the celly is a MX400

They are the exact same board. I took one out of the other to test it in there.

What. I really need a response. I did not spend 250 bucks on this stuff to have it beat by a celeron.

Look, I am begging you people for help. I am broke now, and it dont work like its suppposed to.

then you should go back where you bought it at....

tell them YOU made a boo boo.....

and ask them very very nicely.....

"Would you PLEASE set this up for me?"

:D :p :D :p

and if you ARE here to start trouble.... :mad:

umm... I seriously doubt someone with the name "IHATEAMD" wants help... I think you're probably just in here to start a flamewar.

Might it be a driver or v/c overclocking issue?

Basically anyone can dumb a system down to make a point so prove you're for real.

SickBoy

IHATEAMD said:
They are the exact same board. I took one out of the other to test it in there.

I don't know about how you're testing that Celeron, because when I take my 1.8G P4 out and install my 1.2G T-BIRD, the T-BIRD kicks the snot out of the P4 in every test and boots quicker too, in like thirty seven seconds (WIN 2K pro). The only time the P4 is even close is when I don't change the RAMBUS to DDR2100, then and only then (with the RAMBUS) the P4 comes within like 15% of the performance of the T-BIRD.

Maybe they mis-marked your Celeron, maybe it's really a T-BIRD that Intel was trying to use for "reverse" engineering.

Seriously, sometimes you can get unreliable test results when you start to cross platforms. The Intel chipsets have been optimized for the Intel processors, naturally. Now if you were to try that Celeron on an AMD board I'm sure that you'd get different results. Maybe you should pick up one of the less expensive KT133A boards and see if this holds true.

;)

IHATEAMD said:
What. I really need a response. I did not spend 250 bucks on this stuff to have it beat by a celeron.

ok ok, Change your nick name in the futor........

if your amd motherboard has a via chipset, get the latest 4in1's if your motherboard has a ali chipset, go to ali's site and get the latest agp drivers, if it has the amd761 chipset go get the latest drivers. you most likely forgot to install the agp drivers, hence bad score, btw whats your motherboard? it'll be easyer to help you if you list your sytem compenets.

Would71 said:
Please don't feed the forum troll.

lol

As stated previously, you should check that your AGP drivers are installed correctly. I had the same problem: My P3 800 Mhz outscored my 1.4 Ghz T-bird. After I installed the drivers (on the CD that came with the mobo), the T-bird whooped the snot out of the P3.

PS: P3 for sale if anyone's interested :)

have you installed the 4in1 drivers for AGP if the g2mx is agp that might be the problem. cuz no way a p3-1000 can beat a tbird and if a celery beats it that is amazing. run sisoft sandra on both boxes and post results.

Would71 said:
People, please take a hint. This guy is just here to cause trouble. By answering, you're only keeping this thread near the top and visible. Let it die.

May as well give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, sure his name is a bad idea, but he doesn't seem to be causing problems, but asking for help. And he is looking for help on an AMD system, so this WOULD be the proper place to post.

What mobo are you using for the AMD? And is everything setup properly in your BIOS, such as the AGP memory aperature, and and the AGP setting (1x/2x/4x)? Might wanna download Sandra and check out what it's telling you for your information, such as the video equpment.

IHATEAMD said:
I have a celeron 850 with a gf2mx and 192 megs of ram that scored 4289 on 3dmark 2000. THen i used my athlon 1 gig with 256 megs of ram and a gf2mx and i only 3503. What is up.

Did u install the via4in1 drivers?? and activated agp in turbo mode and set it to 4x agp?

agree with wa11y

stop bashing him stupidly. He could name himself *BEEEEEP* but just as long he does not flame, leave him alone.
And some aren't very well placed to complained about flame here.

Re: agree with wa11y

toutin said:
stop bashing him stupidly. He could name himself *BEEEEEP* but just as long he does not flame, leave him alone.
And some aren't very well placed to complained about flame here.

I second that. At this point, IHATEAMD has been very curteous, and hasn't started any flame wars. He's just asking for help. I'm sure AMDGuy could go post under INTEL CPU's, and not have problems. So just give him the help he needs! That's what we're all about here! I'm feeling a disturbing lack of love in this thread!

Let us know what you do and what happens, IHATEAMD.

Hey , did you enable dma on the HDD , my friend shadow was scoring low and that was his problem . I scored 5300 on 3dmark 2000 with my 900 t-bird , also make sure you have the via 4 in 1's they are a performance killer too.
wildone

Would71 said:
Wow, if you guys will fall for anything, I have some nice swampland in Arizona I'd love to sell ya.. rofl!

Remember.. when all this blows up in your faces.. I did warn you fairly.

Oh yeah.. amusing (if poorly-worded) little shot you took there, toutin.

If this does blow up in our faces, we can simply have a mod lock it. No big deal. BUT, if IHATEAMD is just another poor lost soul who has run into a problem with his setup, it's only fair we give him a hand.

Thanks for all the help. I installed the drivers and everything worked. And look at my name. This is the way i feel now because it works right.

Wonderful to hear! I know I'm not alone when I say that it's good that you were able to get your system up and running. Nothing sucks more than to have a Tiny God, but not be able to do anything good with it because it's not moving that way you know it should!

And I'm glad this thread turned out like it did. I could have been MUCH hotter! I'm glad this board is as cool as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back