• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will 1.8 VAGP kill my 9800 Pro?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat

As the tille say. Will it killl my card if I use 1.8v set in bio for VAGP?
Thanks.

I can't answer that question, but I am sure someone will come to the rescue... why do you want to feed it 1.8vagp anyway?

No it won't. I run 1.8 volts on my AGP daily to ensure 3d stability. Of course, your results may very, but you will be fine running 1.8 on the card.

deception``

I'm asking here becuase it is the only way I can get my rig stable up to 245. Even with my vdd mod up to 2.0v it would not do anything. I discovered this because I accidently set it to 1.8v and it just keep priming day and nite. I always used at 1.6v b4.
Btw, I use Artictcooling rev.3 and cooper ramsink on my 9800. I only use it at stock XT speed ( eventhough the max OC on this card is 442/383)
Any input is apperciated. :)

I think I read somewhere that the video card has voltage regulators so that even if the agp voltage is cranked up, the card will only take so much voltage from the agp slot.

Also, the agp voltage is supposed to be linked to the ???Northbridge??? so by increasing it, you may be able to increase stability. I guess that's what you are achieving.

Now, it'd be greatly appreciated if someone could back me up on this or tell me that I've got it all wrong. Thanks.

Spyd3r said:
I think I read somewhere that the video card has voltage regulators so that even if the agp voltage is cranked up, the card will only take so much voltage from the agp slot.

Also, the agp voltage is supposed to be linked to the ???Northbridge??? so by increasing it, you may be able to increase stability. I guess that's what you are achieving.

Now, it'd be greatly appreciated if someone could back me up on this or tell me that I've got it all wrong. Thanks.
Yeah.... I've also read something like that. However, there is no evidences that the Vagp goin to NB.
Trust me I've done the homework b4 I post this. I've know most people run at like 1.6 maybe 1.7 but 1.8 is something that I'd really like to know. :-/

*raises hand*

On a LARGE number of Intel chipsets, VAGP is directly linked to NB voltage. My motherboard would stop at about 235-240FSB on stock voltage, or about 250-255 on 1.6v, or about 265-270 on 1.7v, or about 290 on 1.8v.

When I had my 2.4C, the only way to get it stable at 3.4+ghz was to run 1.8vagp. Processor didn't need the voltage, neither did the ram -- just the northbridge.

hmmm. thats an interestng discovery there. i'll give it a shot and see what happens later today

Back