• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

You can see my Mobo+CPU below...

quick question

considering my CPU+mobo...

whats a sensible temperature for them?
whats a maximum temperature where it could possibly melt?

what would you recommend for a good temperature to be at is?

thanks loads

The cpu temp should stay under 50c but there is no problem if it goes a little higher then that, it's supposed to work right up until you hit 75c according to AMD.

ok thx but what about motherboards?

what temp is safe for them and what temp will make them melt ?

Barton Core Temps

(0 - 30)(31 - 55)(56 - 70)(71 - 80)(81 - 110)
(temps are in degrees centigrade)

You would be suprised but Mobiles can take a hellova beating. The color green indicates normal operating temps, while the yellow is solely for load temps only. Just for your refernce, 80c* is the maximum for normal Barton Cores, however AMD reccomends that processors are kept under 70c* for long term use.

For an OCer, most of us keep our temps under 50c*, simply for the added stability to keep electromigration at a minimal level.

Example... my idle temp (browsing the internet) ranges from 43c* - 47c*. My load temps (games / Prime95) never exceed 55c* and are generally below 52c*

well as in another part of the forum i was posting...my temperature readings from several different programs are worryin...
it reads my CPU temperatures with massive fluctuations...
ill read it off right now. its idle and doing nothing. 61.......38......35.....13.....45....
need i continue? thats massive fluctuations...
now with some help from others there can only be a few answers...

either my mobo + cpu temperature readings are incorrect (thats why im updating bios) ...
or something is wrong...

Those are incorrect, there is no way the core could change temps so quickly, it would probably crack if that was correct. You can only use one monitoring program at a time when you use more then one your temps get messed up like that, since mine had some voltage and temps limits I was getting random reboots because I had two programs at a time.

ok yea those readings were wrong. i just bought a LCD temp display and its showing 106F and hardly changin at all.

how safe is 106F ?

so what would u say would be the maximum load temp that is safe?

Back