• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BBA or Other Manufacturer for all series of ATI card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
from what i've read, manufacters other than ati get poorer overclocking results but have better features. i've always bought bba, but that backfired this time with my x800 pro as i wasn't able to mod it to xt. other cards not bba were able to be modded because those manufacters cared more for simple production rather than hindering modding, so they made one pcb for xt's and pro's alike and simply disabled pipelines 13-16. from all i've heard, bba cards cannot be modded from x800 pro to xt. but they overclock well for what they are.

just make sure you get better than stock cooling. most people leave stock coolers and get circuit degradation as a result. my 9600 couldn't even boot into windows with vpu recover having to be activated because i overclocked the heck out of it with the stock cooler (i assume, i did nothing else). try the ati silencer or the like.

Back