• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally got it!!! X800XT PE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oren

I sold my 9800 Pro (R360 core, modded to XT) to my colleague in the end of July. I was thinking I would get the X800XT PE in a week or two. Little did I know it would take me months to lay my hands on it. But today, with the help of the same colleague, who has some connections in the wholesale field, I finally got it! Sapphire X800XT PE in full retail box for $675! Can't wait to get home, reap the Radeon 9200 I borrowed from work from the slot, and stick in the damn new card! :D

Last edited:
DocGiggs said:
Ouch, $675... well as long as you are happy I guess congrats for you.

You should take into account I live in Hungary, Europe. EVERYTHING is more expensive here compared to the states. Except maybe beer ;)

There better be benchies, beer, and pictures of both! :D

Love me some across-the-pond beer... If you can see through it, it's not REAL BEER! ;)

The first thing I did was to run Far Cry at max settings with High AA. I get a steady framerate of about 54 (at Research). The IQ is amazing.

The marks so far at stock speed (520/1120):

3DMark2001: 20523
3DMark2003: 12054

This is at stock CPU speed of 3.0GHz (200FSB; 1:1 ratio with memory timings 2-2-2-6).

Are these results plausible?

running stock? absolutely, those marks are very much inline. If you look at my sig, I have similar marks. I have overclocked slightly but I dont want to push anything for the sake of a score. Until I get better cooling and better ram I will leave it as such. I am going to send my X800XT PE to Viperjohn though. He can these cards nicely up over 600 on the core with air cooling. Congrats on your card, everything just looks better now huh? :clap:

congras on getting one, those are in limited supply and people have paid upwards $800 for one of those too. Try to get an a64 next, its gonna give you a massive boost in games. even my a64 and 9500np scores better than that!

he has a faster gpu, no questions but everything else in my system is way faster but I didnt post to argue, just congratulate the fact he got a great gpu, now it would be happy to partner with a great a64

Thanks guys! I'm still quite excited but have to go and get some sleep. I'll post the 3DMark2005 results tomorrow plus maybe overclock a bit.

And Overclocker550: I have a feeling my next rig will be AMD based.

CONGRATS!

I can't wait till I get my rig up and running again. It must be awesome to game with that card.

You should def. try overclocking though, I was pusheing 22K in 3dmark01 with my old 3.0c/9700 pro system before I sold it. With a x800xt-pe aim for around 25k+.

Again, congrats, I can't find one in the US, I don't know how you found one in Hungary!

Back