• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 700 unlocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syntax|hazard

Hi All!!
Firstly wanted to thank u guys for this kick *** forum!!!
my question is : i've got athlon 700 (unlocked) oc to 800 fsb266 on epox 8kta mbo, it's rock stabil but i want more!!! curently runing at 133x6 (800) i only have standard cooling system, the temp is around 45c the fan rpm is stady at 5300. I'm kind of newbie on this front, there is alot of options in bios for freq. vcore. vio ?? somthin like that, Max what i pulled out of my athlon was 816mhz. i was reading the board and can't belive that u guyes are getting such great speeds on ur amd's..
could anyone give me some tip?? about how i should setup the bios for freq.?
Thanx in Advance!
p.s this board ROCKZ!!:rolleyes:

First of all, Welcome to the forums.

The first thing that I would recommend is for you to go to the front page of this site and click on "Beginners Guides" In there you will find a wealth of information on overclocking in general. I would also suggest for you to read your motherboard manual, when you’re done, read it again.

As for your hsf, I would recommend that you step up to one of the newer units out there, I've got a couple of Global Win WBK38's but there are several others that will give you as good or better performance. Hang out in the cooling section for some other ideas on that.

On your other questions;

Freq = frequency of the front side bus (doubled on the Athlon/T-BIRD/DURON platform).

Vcore = core voltage of the processor.

vio = input/output voltage, the voltage to the ISA /PCI/AGP cards

Good Luck!

Back