• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Catalyst 4.10's Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spyd3r

Just as the title says. Can't wait to get my computer back up and running to test them out.

These shouldn't have issues with Warhammer 40k Dawn of War anymore I hope.

try catalyst for once...there not bad...i tried omegas...didnt see a huge difference went to catalyst didnt see a huge difference and i got better scores from catalyst too :)

PLOBBY said:
try catalyst for once...there not bad...i tried omegas...didnt see a huge difference went to catalyst didnt see a huge difference and i got better scores from catalyst too :)

Omega's drivers are not about netting huge performance increases from stock Catalysts. Instead, his drivers focus on maximizing image quality without a substantial loss of performance. Furthermore, Omega drivers tend to incorporate various game fixes far before ATI's own solution, and his newest releases come without Catalyst Control Center, which is a flawed revision on ATI's part at best.

deception``

I just updated and everything went smoothly. Except now when I am on the settings tab under Display Properties there is no longer two monitors. It used to have monitor 1 and 2 and I could just select 2 and check extended desktop to use my TV. Now it just shows 1 monitor and I haven't found a way to turn on extended desktop. If I go advanced I can use the TV but it just clones the desktop instead of extending. I still use the old control panels. Am I gonna have to start using the new control center to get this feature?

I hope it fixes the DOW problem.

Gonna try em, see if it stops doom 3 crash.

well the catalyst control center is poop again! :bang head I had it installed no overclock and Call of Duty crashed twice on me. I unistalled the Control center and just downloaded the driver and ATI control panel (26mb file)and it's working fine.

Ugh.. for those who post and not post the link... *shakes fists* (56k syndrom talking)

Okay! heres what they didn't post! The actual change log AND LINK!

Catalyst 4.10 http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-062-040929a-018115C.exe

New Features

This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the CATALYST™ Software Suite. New features include:

* Enhanced Rotation Support for Extended Desktop View
* 720p and 1080i HDTV Mode Support
* CATALYST™ A.I.

Enhanced Rotation Support for Extended Desktop View

The CATALYST™ Software Suite 4.10 provides support for Rotation mode in extended desktop view. Currently rotation hotkeys are implemented for simultaneous view but are disabled when the system is in extended desktop mode. This feature will be supported under the Windows XP operating system and is supported on all currently shipping ATI Desktop products.
720p and 1080i HDTV Mode Support

The CATALYST™ Software Suite 4.10 introduces support for both 720p and 1080i HDTV mode for both CRTs and DFPs. A new properties tab labeled Troubleshoot is added to the ATI Classic Control Panel for both the FPD and Monitor properties page. The Troubleshoot tab will allow users to force 720p and 1080i modes.
Note: Deselecting a forced mode has no immediate effect. The MS Settings tab must be used to select a new mode. The 720p and 1080i checkboxes are greyed out if rotation is enabled for the display device.

CATALYST™ A.I.

CATALYST™ A.I. allows the driver to intelligently analyze applications and textures to maximize graphics performance and enhance stability while delivering the absolute highest visual quality
Performance Improvement

As with most CATALYST™ releases performance has increased in various situations. The following performance gains are noticed in the game Doom3:

* Performance improves 5 to 8% on the ATI RADEON™ 9500 PRO product
* Performance improves approximately 5% on the ATI RADEON™ 9600 XT
* Performance improves 5 to 9% on the ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO
* Performance improves 4 to 6% on the ATI RADEON™ 9800 PRO
* Performance improves approximately 4% on the ATI RADEON™ 9800 XT when using higher resolutions
* Performance improves 3 to 14% on the ATI RADEON X800 PRO
* Performance improves 5 to 8% on the ATI RADEON™ X800 XT
* Performance improves approximately 3% on the ATI RADEON™ X300 product
* Performance improves approximately 4.4% on the ATI RADEON™ X600 product

Issues Resolved in CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 4.10

The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of CATALYST™. These include:

* City of Heros: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO installed no longer results in the game failing to respond.
* Doom3: disabling the object buffers within the game results in the game failing to respond
* Doom3: game corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 XT installed, with low or medium quality settings and the image is no longer dark if playing the game with high quality mode settings.
* Enigmo: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 7000 installed no longer results in textures missing from objects that are displayed in the game.
* F1 Challenge: A performance decrease is no longer noticed under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO installed
* Ground Control II: Display corruption is no longer seen in the water's reflection when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 7200.
* Homeworld 2: Launching the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 XT installed no longer results in corruption being displayed during the opening cinematics and the game failing to respond
* Joint Operation Typhoon Rising: The game is now working properly when AntiAliasing and full screen effects are set to high
* Psychotoxic: Launching the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 series installed no longer results in and ATI VPU Recover failure.
* Psychotoxic: The game no longer fails to start when attempting to launch the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 XT Platinum Edition installed.
* Psychotoxic: Attempting to start a new game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO installed, results in the game failing to load
* Spiderman2: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 7500 installed no longer results in flashing textures and missing shadows.
* Spell Force: Setting the game options to 1024x768 16bpp, anisotropic filter 2x, texture quality high, and shadow type very high no longer results in shadow effect corruption under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9200 series installed.
* Starwars: X-Wing Alliance: Display corruption is no longer seen when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9250 installed.
* Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc: Display corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP.
* Playing games such as StarTrek Elite Force, Serious Sam SE, Vulpine GLMark, Call Of Duty, and Savage no longer results in the games failing to respond when being played under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9550 or 9600 series installed.
* Installing the ATI Display Driver no longer results in display corruption being seen on the top portion of the HDTV display when an ATI RADEON™ X800 is installed.
* Installing the ATI display driver under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X800 SE no longer results in display corruption appearing on the HDTV connected to the adapter after the reboot.
* The display adapter information is now reported correctly for the ATI RADEON™ X800 series.
* Attempting to play a Java based game or visit a Java based website no longer results in display corruption under Windows XP when either an ATI RADEON 9800 SE or RADEON X800 XT Platinum card is installed and AA is enabled
* Dragging the MS Media Player over to the secondary monitor no longer results in overlay not being available, if SURROUNDVIEW is enabled

Known Issues for CATALYST™ Display Driver Version 4.10

The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of CATALYST™. These include the following:

* Call of Duty: Corruption is noticed when playing a saved game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9100 PRO IGP series installed and having a variety of graphic options provided by the game set high. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4656.html
* Joint Operation Typhoon Rising: An error message is displayed when exiting the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X700 installed. This issue occurs when the game option for Quality Performance is set to 1600x1200. Further information on this issue can be found at: www.ati.com/support/infobase/4641.html
* Rainbow six3: Athena Sword: Playing the game under Windows 2000 with an ATI RADEON™ X700 installed results in the game failing to retain its resolution option of 1600x1200 if you Alt-tab out of the game and then Alt-tab back to the game. Further information on this issue can be found at: www.ati.com/support/infobase/4633.html
* Richard Burns Rally: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 8500/9100/9200 series installed results in the trees flickering. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4657.html
* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Windows XP operating system may randomly fail to respond when loading multiple levels. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4649.html
* Installation does not complete - Idriver.exe runs @ 100% CPU utilization (w/SP2 installed). Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4620.html
* Error: "Record not found on MSI.DB" during installation (w/ pre-RADEON™ integrated Video). Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4621.html
* Booting Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON™ X800 XT installed results in display corruption being seen immediately following the Windows XP logo. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4652.html
* Using Windows Movie Maker 2 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ X300 or X600 installed results in corrupt colors being displayed in the preview window. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4653.html
* Importing files that have been captured using Pinnacle Media Center into Windows Movie Maker 2 results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond when an ATI RADEON™ X300 or X600 is installed. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4654.html

For further information and general help on driver or software installation, game issues, and more, visit the ATI FAQ website.

nice, just in time for my x800 pro. gonna try these first then prolly the omega version. say up to 14% performance increase with x800pro. would'nt that be nice. :rolleyes:

Hey, anyone getting this with their xt or pro flashed to xt?

* Booting Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON™ X800 XT installed results in display corruption being seen immediately following the Windows XP logo. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4652.html

I wonder what that's like...

Also anyone played Dawn of War with the Official Cats yet?

Well I installed em, the DOW problem got WORSE, farcry IQ wasnt as good and NFSU looked like AA and AF werent even switched on - iv unistalled em and gone back to the omega 4.10betas...now all my games look like they should again (apart from DOW)

If you've been using the beta 8.07 drivers stay with them, this official version catalyst does not include the memory bug fix for cards with 256MB of ram...supposedly the 4.11 will have this and i will upgrade tothose when they come out. :mad:

very good point, that is enough reason for me to go with the omegas. and plus in the new cats you cannot adjust the A.I. (could not find it anyway), in the omegas you can.

yeah these are based of the 8.062's the beta 8.07 from Omega and the older hotfix from ati are much better performers in my eyes.

Back