• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 9800pro WITH TEMP SENSOR!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

After reading reviews about the rad9800 pro not having a temp sensor fitted, i pretty kuch accepted it and set up my own one which has been proved to be in accurate.

I was browsing through ATI Tool (was using ATI Tray Tool) and came across a temperature monitor under the settings. I switched it on and bam! instant temp readings that vary with how much stress i put the gpu under.

I had read an article on rockajot or somin (sorry forgot the proper name) which had a pic of the temp monitoring chip and found that it was on my card, but didnt believe it so just carried on as norm without a proper temp reading. Can i really trust that this is an accurate reading of my gpu temp?(temps are 53 C at idle, havnt tested load yet, card spec in sig)

some 9800pros do have the temp sensor (the pcb must be the one for the xt card) even though before the latest atitool you couldn't get to it without a flash. I know w1zzard had been planning to make it so you could access it without the flash but I never knew what became of those plans.... I'm guessing your one of the first few to access the temp sensor without the flash... That's good, however since you have the temp sensor you then must realize you really have an xt hiding as a pro.... if you flash it you'll have a real xt with with either 128 or 256mb of memory. I'm pretty sure if you compare the temps from the sensor(s) you'll see they are close to the sensor you installed..... also you should have two sensors (one for the gpu and the other for the onboard chip). good luck whatever you decide to do with it..... :santa:

Back