• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 3d cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

Linky

I picked one of these up, but since my system is apart I havent really used. Anything good or bad to say about it? Hopefully tomorrow (I say this again..) I will have EVERYTHING running and running right and I'll tell you what I get for temps. But since I'm at work for another 5 hours and I wont get to it much tomorrow I wanna know if anyone has some things to say about it.

EDIT: I read the tomshardware review. It was better for the amd chip but the p4 stock said it was better. I find that hard to believe, this cooler is so much more advanced. Plus its got more copper than the stock one does.

Last edited:
Hey, Just surfing through here.... I just got the Rocket version (same thing, only a little taller in the fin section with ducts for the mosfets and caps arround the CPU socket) of this cooler hooked up to my rig and I noticed a 12 degree drop at idle and a 8 degree drop at load. This of course is compared to the stock AMD 'sink I had on their just yesterday. I am VERY pleased with this cooling giant (IMO, they are HUGE and make sure you have the clearance for your PSU, I had to pull mine out of the case a little-no biggie)

I have used this cooler and had great success with it as well. I had my 2500+ non mobile up to 2.46 Ghz with it with a load temp of under 50C
I like the way that it also cools surrounding components such as ram and vid card.
Good luck

Im after the rocket but havent seen it for sale in the uk.
Lets know how you get on chap.

Back