• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV-OUT Dilemma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark_15

Drunken Master JNCIE Senior
Alright guys, this one is going to be tricky...

I am building a computer for one of my bosses (so I really need it to be a grand slam). He wants a high-end graphics card (he was willing to pay in the sub $1000 for one) so he can play Doom 3, HL 2, and some aviation programs, as well as basic email, word processing, and looking/editing pictures. Here is the interesting twist:

His "monitor" is a huge (50"-60") 1080i TV! That's right... he does not want to use a conventional montior to do all of this (much to my dismay ;) ). I was planning on getting this for him and using the component out to send to his reciever. My questions are:

1. Is this a really good idea? If not, what would you suggest?

2. Am I crazy for doing this?

3. Any other advice for this problem?

Thanks guys!!!!

That card would be really good for HDTV as thats one of its major features. As for other advice, get parts with the longest warranties you can and don't screw up ;) and have fun doing it :)

I've got a 55" hdtv I use for a monitor when gaming and I've got the sapphire verion of that card. It should work well.

Also tell your boss that the card costs $1200. Then buy 2 of them and keep one for yourself for the work and research you are doing. Cheers! :beer:

Biofear said:
Also tell your boss that the card costs $1200. Then buy 2 of them and keep one for yourself for the work and research you are doing. Cheers! :beer:

LOL... I wish I could do that... he's paying me enough for doing all of this work and also is letting me come over anytime to play Doom 3 on it... I think I'll be happy about that...

And BTW, thanks for the help and advice!

Back