• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gah 2600+M can't break 2.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chowdy

Hello all. I have an AMD IQYHA '03 wk51 chip. I am currently at 2.53GHz, 1.85 (in bios) volts, actual is about 1.82V. I'm perfeclty prime stable, memtest, doom3, CS:S, and whatnot. Strangely, i bumped the multiplier up a notch, to make it 2.64GHz, but it is not prime stable at all! I upped the voltage to 1.9V and get restarts, but that's probably due to poor voltage on the CPU because of the DFI. Anyways, does anyone know what the deal is? It reached 2.77GHz on my Abit, although it was unstable. I could also get 2.6GHz on the Abit NF7S, but it was at a lower 1.8V albeit at a lower FSB (200).

Can anyone help? :temper:

Last edited:
what is your temp, and what psu do you have??

Just curious, you have the abit and enjoyed great overclocking, why switch to the DFI?? When I have my abit, i got to 2.65Ghz stable on air.

Kenshiro said:
what is your temp, and what psu do you have??

Just curious, you have the abit and enjoyed great overclocking, why switch to the DFI?? When I have my abit, i got to 2.65Ghz stable on air.

Oh sorry, i meant CS:S, not HL2. I wish i could get my hands on HL2... valve should hurry up :clap:

Anyways, i switched because my FSB sucked (max like 210? not sure, very, very crappy in terms of "good" overclocks). My MHz was higher, sure, but my FSB was quite low. I switched to the DFI also because my sister needs a computer and i might as well use this as an excuse to get her a motherboard, by that i mean give her my "old" NF7S.

That's odd, I was able to run that same 0351 MPMW @ 2.7GHz w/1.9V on my NF7-S with a 216MHz FSB.

It requires more volts when you overclock with high fsb vs high mhz/low fsb. It very well could be the DFI, as the NF7-s tend's to excel in the vcore department. However, it could every well be the bios, as I have enjoyed higher overclocks with Hellfire's modded bioses. You should look at either one of the 3EG or HKA Rev. 2 bioses, as they all have a built-in L12 mod and should give you some better results.

deception``

dont worry about cpu MHz, just get the fsb as high as you can, with athlon xps once you hit over 2GHz the cpu matters little and the fsb gains me waaaaay more

Overclocker550 said:
dont worry about cpu MHz, just get the fsb as high as you can, with athlon xps once you hit over 2GHz the cpu matters little and the fsb gains me waaaaay more

Ah i see. Well my FSB is also stuck hehe. I guess it's my "sweet spot" (more like wall) :eek:

:sn:

Overclocker550 said:
then save up for winchester a64, itll pratically double your performance

I'm moving A64 either this christmas or th enext summer. I've got the bug. My friends aren't much into OC'ing and are content with mere 2.4C's and 2400+'s. Curse the bug.

Back