• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Praetorian or Lian Li V1000 in black, can't decide!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanIdentity

I am so torn between these two cases. The Praetorian is ~ $114 and the V1000 is ~ $198 (Newegg). Anyone who owns or has experiences with either of these cases, help me decide!

David Coleman said:
The Praetorian is the samething as my wavemaster minus the curvy front. I love mine :)

I think the Wavemaster has a much more glossy, mirror-like finish on the sides than the Praetorian. I may be wrong though. I was looking at the Wavemaster too though, I can't really decide between the Praetorian, Wavemaster, and V1000. I think the door on the Wavemaster might bother me...

DanIdentity said:
I think the Wavemaster has a much more glossy, mirror-like finish on the sides than the Praetorian. I may be wrong though. I was looking at the Wavemaster too though, I can't really decide between the Praetorian, Wavemaster, and V1000. I think the door on the Wavemaster might bother me...

If you get silver colored Wave Master or Praetorian then the finish on both cases are the same (regular anodized finish).

The door on the Wave Master is beautiful, if you really don't like doors whatsoever then you should stay away from it. I don't think Praetorian and V1000 are in the same class due to their price, but I guess that's just me. If price was an issue, I would take the Praetorian otherwise I would take the Lian-Li because it is a newer, better design.

Go with the Lian-Li for sure, that case is just sooo sexy. However think about getting the V1200 for just a little extra room to work with inside the case.

Well I just got mine the other day, and I love this Cooler Master Praetorian Case. Why?

Pro(s):
1. Lightweight, solid construction.
2. Good air flow (4 fans)
3. Sleak, sexy style, which appealed to me over the bright neon lights of other cases.
4. Sliding Motherboard Tray. That is the cat's A$$. That made my building so easy
5. Thumb Screws for side panels, Motherboard tray, and Expansion slots.
6. Nice Cage for the Power Supply to rest on.
7. The connectors for the Front USB & Firewire ports are more than long enough, and are very easy to connect up compared to past cases I have had.
8. The fans give a very soft purr or hum when the system is on. Very quite.

Cons
1. Molex Connects on two of my fans were not that well constructed (I could have just gotten a Friday built Case tho!), which gave me some issues with power connection, but a little patience and I manage to fix it.
2. No Tray's for Hard Drives or CDRoms. Manual wrist action screws to install you hard drives / Cd Roms.

This is just my opinion. I like the look of both you are choosing from, but I prefer metal to plastic for mount my Hard Drives or Cd Roms into the case. IMHO! :thup:

There are lots of Pros to both cases but Lian Li Cases are so well constructed, resist scratching, and have some of the most beautiful designs. There is absolutely no way possible to wrong with the Lian Li if you have the money to pay for it. It will become a collectors item......IMO

Go with the Coolermaster. On zipzoomfly.com they are 99.00 (they are out of stock right now though). My coolermaster case is identical to a Praetorian, except mine came with a window. These cases are extremely well constructed, have a power supply cage, two intake fans on the front, one out the top, and one out of the back and a pullout motherboard tray. This is not a cheaply built case and spending more on a case isn't necessary. Save the hundred dollars plus for something more important.

I also have a Praetorian and am very pleased with it..... only 2 complaints are that I wish it we're bigger (thats my fault for having too much **** tho) and the weak stock airflow. I ditched the stock fans, grills and filters for something a little more worthy.

Beautiful case tho.... very well constructed and meticulous finish.

Dont listen to that Lian Li fanboy Free-Loader ;)

Don't go by the difference in price to judge these either. IT wasn't all that long ago that the Praetorian style coolermasters were seeling for $200+. No doubt reductions in production costs and good sales have reduced their price.

Back